Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me choose best Slide Style. Let's go!

chowellacsbd

Help me choose slide style for new build!  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you want light , years ago, EGW made cuts at the rear of the slide running all the way through the gun from top to bottom, as well as from right side to left side. Ejec, extrac, firing pin was all exposed. The pistol was a steel challenge gun.  A lot of weight was removed and the slide held up just fine. It was  Caspian slide's that George used.  Jim at Innovation Customs could tell you more about it, Jim was working with George back then. Tell Jim, Tommy Roupe told you to call if you contact him. Those cuts really cut down on the moving mass.

10 hours ago, chowellacsbd said:

Fwiw. Gun will have a stainless Evo grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Full dust cover, ~10oz slide weight, take evenly from the front and rear.  I'm also a gas of stroking, but I'm an Open shooter, I imagine it might be a touch much with 9 minor.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:21 AM, kneelingatlas said:

Atlas gunworks (no affiliation) cuts a big hunk of steel out in front of the rear sight which I think looks terrible, but gets the balance right:

Atlas-Gun-Works-Titan-3-Gun-2011-Pistol1

Although I saw this one they did on FB which I like much better:

22852022_1387648421361053_3033364426059367443_n.jpg

I had been trying to figure out what that was for. Glad you posted it because I really did not want to ask the stupid question.