Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger work on stock Colt parts or install EGW trigger kit first?

Foxtrotx1

The Colt parts should work ok, but you're better off replacing them.  New ones will give a better result and last longer.  Also, a significant part of the cost is labor, and that's going to be the same either way.  

I'd go with new EGW parts if it were me. I'd keep the stock parts in my range bag as a back up. I like having back up's of things. I find having a spare means shit never breaks. But that thing you only have one of....look out.

Plus EGW makes great high quality parts, and they support our sport. All my guns are sporting EGW internals now.

On 11/04/2018 at 6:27 AM, Racinready300ex said:

I'd go with new EGW parts if it were me. I'd keep the stock parts in my range bag as a back up. I like having back up's of things. I find having a spare means shit never breaks. But that thing you only have one of....look out.

Plus EGW makes great high quality parts, and they support our sport. All my guns are sporting EGW internals now.

Murphy's law logic....works for me.

• 2 months later...

Can do a pretty decent trigger job with most manufacturers stock parts. Some MIM parts can be hit or miss. Stone work on case hardened parts is a no no unless you re-harden afterwards.

• 1 month later...