Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Mag release on table

gerritm

The stage was start seated with gun on table in front of you loaded. I watched my master class shooting buddy lay his open gun on the table with the mag release down with no slide racker to prop it up. Stay seated or stand & shoot 4 targets. Sounds simple. Buzzer goes off he grabs his gun stands, mag falls out as he is standing and gets one shot off as he picks mag off table. We all kind of snickered as he laughed.

I am up next with my PCC and do exactly the same thing. You would think I would have learned a lesson. Lots of laughing behind me. 

gerritm 

15 minutes ago, noexcuses said:

nothing like laughing at your buddies making a mistake and then being right behind them and doing the exact same thing lol. Good ol humble pie lol

It's all fun & games till it's your mag hitting the table. Great thing about our group is we can laugh at each other.

gerritm

• 3 weeks later...

Knock on wood, I haven't accidentally depressed my mag release. Gonna have to remember this thread next match I shoot at with a loaded table start. ?

I did forget to load a full mag after loading the pistol with my Barney mag while setting up for a loaded table start. Total brain fart.