Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann AET Hybrid Barrel or SV Infinity non-AET Hybrid Barrel

Fo0

Schuemann AET Hybrid Barrel or SV Infinity non-AET Hybrid Barrel

Schuemann store is currently offline. The SV Infinity non-AET in stock right now.

The SV Infinity non-AET would be 68.95 less

Should I wait for the Schuemann?

Thanks

I might be wrong but I understood that schuemann might be out of business...

On a related topic... What caliber you looking for? I have a schuemann hybrid aet in 40 that’s new in package that I am no longer planning to use for a limited build if that interests you...

25 minutes ago, shooterDrew said:

I might be wrong but I understood that schuemann might be out of business...

On a related topic... What caliber you looking for? I have a schuemann hybrid aet in 40 that’s new in package that I am no longer planning to use for a limited build if that interests you...

40 S&W

what ramp? and how many rib and any ports? Government?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you familiar with the history of Wil and Sandy?  That might help.

Mike tried to make a go of Schuemann when he purchased it.  Wil and Sandy collaborated on barrels.  SV perhaps improved on the original barrels designed by Wil.

SV barrels are very very good.  If the choice is between the two; you cannot go wrong with SV.  Perhaps you might give Brandon a call to get more info.

11 minutes ago, Kmarsh1966 said:

AET doesn’t shoot plated bullets.  I switched out to standard infinity barrel and got 1” groups at 25 yards with the right load.  Could not get below 6-8” with the AET and plated bullets

^^^^^This.  Only buy AET is you're going to use high quality jacketed bullets.  They might work OK with coated, I never really tested them.  They SUCK with plated.....even the new ones.

Are all Schuemann barrels AET?

I have one marked hybrid and shoot blues or eggelston.

I’ve never benchrest tested it, just shot casually off my range bag to check the sights at 15 yards. Sounds like I know what I’ll be doing this weekend.

I took a couple of pics of mine last night but couldn’t remember how to shrink them enough to upload.

My barrel is not marked AET, only HYBRID.

I bought the pistol used from a forum member so I never researched the preferred ammo, this is the first I’ve heard of a potential issue. 

I’m going to do some sandbag rested testing this weekend at 25 yards and see what that brings. I hadn’t noticed anything crazy in shooting it and can probably trace any accuracy problems back to the trigger operator but we’ll see