Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need suggestions for mag pouches for big stick glock mags

4 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: You only need the big stick to start in the PCC. I use Glock 17 magazines with a base pad that gives me 20-24 rounds. I carry two of those on my belt but have a mag pouch to carry a third if needed. Most stages you will only need 36-41 at most for a USPSA pistol match. Thanks, Eric

Good point.  I guess I was thinking if my primary mag crapped out right at the start, I might need another big stick.  I've watched a few people have feeding issues and have to dump their big stick on the first array.

I got a DAA magnet to try for 'unloaded, all mags on belt' starts.  It holds the mag fine for a few quick steps, but I wouldn't trust it for any long span of movement where my hands are occupied with the carbine.  I can't imagine running an entire course with a spare big stick hanging out of a pouch, either.  You're more likely to drop it than need it.  I carry the same as Eric - two G17 mags with +6 basepads (loaded to 22 so they'll seaet on a closed bolt easily).  That gives me 44 rounds to finish a stage if my 47-rd start mag craps out.

1 hour ago, S&W627shooter said:

Good point.  I guess I was thinking if my primary mag crapped out right at the start, I might need another big stick.  I've watched a few people have feeding issues and have to dump their big stick on the first array.

Hello: The only big stick setups that I have seen here that run 100% with Glock mags are the factory 33 rd with +5/6 base pads,, Taylor Freelance making 41 and the Taccom coupler with a 33rd and 17 rd together loaded to around 45rds. The MBX base pads seem to work about 90% or so when you use 115's or 124's. The heavier bullets seem to cause more problems. My theory on that is the heavier bullets is putting too much weight on the spring when loaded to 47 or more. If you have a unloaded start and need to load to a big stick put it in your front pocket or back pocket. Thanks, Eric

I run OEM glock mags for the most part.

1 is a 17 round with a TF +10 on it. It will take 27 rounds but I down load it to 26. I have found that fully loaded there are some feed issues.

1 is a 33 round with a TF +10 on it. (the 33 round is actually a 31 with a glock +2 for 33) with the TF extender I can get it to 41 but I also download it to 40 for the same issue.

I also have a 33 round mag with no extender.

I have a PROMAG 17 round mag but for some reason it does not seem to like my PCC. I keep the promag, the 27 rounder on my belt in mag pouches. On out door matches with big stages (34+ rounds) I use my 40 round mag and keep my 33 round mag in a mag pouch on the small of my back in case something goes way south early I have a back up mag to go to. 

I use the 27 for stages under 20 rounds. 

Other wise I use the 33 round for most stages.

I use the UM tactical mag pouches. I used them on my last outdoor match and they are great. I was using the Ghost 360 pouches. If you read the initial post you will see the issues I was having.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:47 PM, Startingover said:

I am having difficulty buying this off of the website.

May have to call them?

Called them on Monday afternoon.

Should be sitting in the mailbox today or tomorrow.

I just bought one for now, wich should be enough to get me started in our local league.