Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need suggestions for mag pouches for big stick glock mags

Title pretty much says it all.

I have been using Ghost pouches and I have broken 2 of them in less than a month.

I have set up one big stick with a TF +10 and a 17 rd with a TF + 12 and the ghost pouch connection point is just not strong enough to support all that weight extended so far out.

I would like to find a pouch that is deeper and has a better connection point to the belt attachment system. They also need to have the ability to rotate to different angles.

If you know of something please pass it along. Pics of the pouch AS WELL AS how the pouch connects to the belt holder would be nice as well.

Thanks

Edited by mstamper

Hello: Try the Blade Tech ones. I am using the TMMS mounting system also so I can change things around if I have to go prone. I could have shown them to you at River Bend this past weekend. Not one of my better matches. Hard to shoot with a very sore back. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer
54 minutes ago, 1981Shooter said:

I run a NERD subgun Mausoleum on an ELS fork at the 12 o'clock position on my belt.  I've yet to lose one of my big sticks with TF +12 extensions while moving around a stage.

https://www.weare-nerd.com/hats/magazine-mausoleum-subgun-pouch

I like the fact that they are right in my back yard, so to speak. BUT DAMN, they are proud of their product. 45.00 for a mag pouch with just a belt clip is pretty expensive.

18 hours ago, mveto said:

Check out UMTactical they are designed for the big mags and can be angled to your liking.

https://www.umtactical.com/store/p106/GLOCK_MAG_HOLDER%2F%2F_BIG_STICK.html

these and the DAA racers are my front runners. 

the thing I like about these is I can order them as just the pouch and use my retention device to attach to the belt.

AND they are carbon fiber, which kinda cool too!

On 3/27/2018 at 2:39 PM, mstamper said:

these and the DAA racers are my front runners. 

the thing I like about these is I can order them as just the pouch and use my retention device to attach to the belt.

AND they are carbon fiber, which kinda cool too!

I went with the UM tactical pouches.

I got them in and on my belt. They are about 3/4" than the ghost pouches. They are made from a plastic stronger than Kydex. They are molded around a glock mag. The hole pattern is very adaptable to a variety of belt holders. Without the need for the leaf spring they hold the mags much more securely. Being longer the ghost pouches and the DAA racers I feel that they will work well.

I ordered them without a belt holder and UM shipped them with teklok holders. I took them off and attached the pouch with my aluminum part I bought from a fellow member here. (used the ones on the left without the spacer.

I will be trying them out this tuesday. I will let you know how they work

matt lee belt holder.jpg

um tactical pouches.jpeg

Edited by mstamper
  • 3 weeks later...

Full disclosure:  I havent finished building my PCC gun so I'm asking noob questions:

Has anyone tried carrying them base pad down in a pouch so you don't have to flip a really long mag around to load?  I'm planning to use a MBX mini on a glock big stick. 

Is that a good way to carry the mags?  If so, what kind of pouch would hold an MBX mini?

Full disclosure:  I havent finished building my PCC gun so I'm asking noob questions:
Has anyone tried carrying them base pad down in a pouch so you don't have to flip a really long mag around to load?  I'm planning to use a MBX mini on a glock big stick. 
Is that a good way to carry the mags?  If so, what kind of pouch would hold an MBX mini?
Not a good idea. For one the mags won't go into the pouches. For another it is an unnatural action to work mags like you are asking

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, S&W627shooter said:

Hello: You only need the big stick to start in the PCC. I use Glock 17 magazines with a base pad that gives me 20-24 rounds. I carry two of those on my belt but have a mag pouch to carry a third if needed. Most stages you will only need 36-41 at most for a USPSA pistol match. Thanks, Eric