Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Norinco Sight Options

xtian999

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the main problem is that it is a Norinco. But anyway, I took the pistol to Hayes Custom and they are cutting it for a Wilson fiber optic front and low profile rear. Nice guys, by the way.

Here’s the story: I bought it from an individual seller at a gunshow, (who happened to be my mailman Flaco,) for $300.00 about 15 yrs ago.  Then sold it to a friend about a year ago for about $400.00 in silver bullion, who traded it off to his buddy. That guy traded it back to me along with a nice 6” 1974 Ruger Security Six 357  blued revolver, (match sights, custom grips),  in exchange for a 1982 Auto Ordinance semi-auto tommy gun (vertical fore grip, 1 stick mag, 1 50rd drum, fitted case,) w/a dinged bolt face that I had taken in as part collateral on a loan to someone who never paid up. Since I got the Norinco back, I put about $300.00 into it. New sights, new beavertail safety, tuned trigger, balanced and blueprinted. It shoots like a dream now, (Thank you, Hayes Custom Guns.)

The Norinco? About $500. The Story? Priceless.

I built my very first custom on a Norinco that I bought new for $240, I bought two of them back in the 90's. Still have the pistol today and I look at the quality of my work from back then to know.  Still is my most accurate 45, and one of my favorites. I remember when Bill Wilson was building on them. They were very good guns to build on.

I would buy another for $300 or so. I agree that they are accurate and good to build on. The country of origin helps with the price. I shot mine yesterday at a combat rifle and shotgunning class (taught by Calvin Tidwell of T-N-T) and it functioned flawlessly.