Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical sport

Pcew73

I am considering a tactical sport 9mm solely for 3 gun.  I have never shot a cz let alone owned one.  I have been spending quite a bit of time in this forum browsing and and intrigued with cz.  Is there anything I’d have to do to it right away?   Is there any negatives to this model or pros of another one for 3 gun?  Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Pcew73

this is one of the best limited guns in 9mm. very good and  simple design.  i prefer TSO  it's more comfortable to me than TS.

if u can check  and choose  the gun in local store before u buy it this will be the best choice.

1.check that u can activate safety easily .

2.reassemble it and check that plastic recoil spring plug  in the slide  come out with no problems and don't have  any damage.

the only negative  thing about this gun it's :only the cz  gunsmiths  sloppy  job.

Edited by yigal

The TS is an excellent value, you'll love it!  The factory wood grips and plastic magwell leave something to be desired, so you might change them right away.  If you can find a TSO, go that direction, the grips and magwell are already taken care of as well as better checkering on the frame.

The TS is a wonderful gun.  I'm not sure that it "needs" much other than better grips and a fiber optic front sight.  I've done a lot to mine and don't regret it, but a TSO or a Shadow 2 would also be great choices that have a lot of the upgrades already

the one I'm looking at has a bunch of upgrades done as in fo front sights, adjustable rear, recoil and mainsprings, new aluminum grips, trigger and hammer.  I wont be able to test fire it as its an online sale.  I do have a bunch of pictures and it looks clean.  Id love to have a TSO in 9mm but they are hard to come by and even harder to trade for.  

For a regular TS, you'd want to do:

- fiber front sight

-adjustable rear sight

-shelf-style safety

-extra power safety detent spring

-grip panels

-large capacity magazines

Or buy a TS Orange and get most of those upgrades already done, plus a better frame stippling and factory thumb rest.

The only real downside to the TS in 3gun is the weak safety detent - the safety can turn off easily when the gun is dumped.

4 hours ago, adamge said:

The only real downside to the TS in 3gun is the weak safety detent - the safety can turn off easily when the gun is dumped.

Scott Perman sells a extra powered detent spring to fix this. Made a big difference in mine.

4 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Scott Perman sells a extra powered detent spring to fix this. Made a big difference in mine.

Yes, as did I and I like it a lot.  IMO it is good enough to make the standard TS/TSO safety good to go, and the Shadow2 safety good to go.  But the super wide TS safety from CZ Custom is still iffy, IMO.

I would just buy a TS that someone has already modified from the classifieds here. I really enjoy mine, the big improvements for me were the thicker Lok grips.
I still need to get a new safety though.

• 2 weeks later...