Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 929 trigger job

Bjacq

32 minutes ago, missed it by that much said:

Joe from mojo does a great trigger job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mojo isn't that great. Felt one of their trigger jobs once and it got harder as you pulled it. Also it wasn't very smooth.

TK or Dave, or invest in materials and take it easy and read the forums and watch the Jerry video like I did.

28 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

Forget about Apex.  They no longer work on revolvers. :( 

Get Jerry Michuleks video, a hammer from  Apex or TKCustom and do it yourself. I was able to get 5 lbs. with a lot of polishing.

What? That's terrible!

Also it looks like they moved. Good for them.

Mojo isn't that great. Felt one of their trigger jobs once and it got harder as you pulled it. Also it wasn't very smooth.

TK or Dave, or invest in materials and take it easy and read the forums and watch the Jerry video like I did.
Got the mickleck video and bobbed the hammer on my 38 super revolver, also had a 327 done by apex neither come close to the ppc gun I had mojo do. I did my 929 myself but it's set up for winchester so. ..bout 7.5 pounds. Maybe I got lucky with my mojo but smoothest and lightest trigger in my revolver stable. Yrmv and evidently did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TK turns out some really nice work. Don't worry about the weight so much, just make sure your gun runs 100% with your loads and has a fast enough return for you.

I have a 686 that's sub 4lbs, but I would never shoot it in an action match. The return is laughably slow. 

20 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

Might want to check whether BossHoss is back doing action jobs. I think so. Great guy, great work!!

Here on the Forums...

Yes I'm taking work again. I have finally got the shop set back up(mostly:P) and I'm getting caught up on the some of the work I didn't do while moving.

2 hours ago, Bosshoss said:

Yes I'm taking work again. I have finally got the shop set back up(mostly:P) and I'm getting caught up on the some of the work I didn't do while moving.

Excellent! Glad to hear that you're taking work again.