Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow 2 crack?

Flyingpig

Machine mark left over from angle relief cut on the back of the slide down the center normally blended away at first, but a little bit of cycling will cause the hammer to wear the blending and make the angle cut more evident. 

Eta. Similar angle relief cut used was done back on the old champion slides, here is my 96' with a bit more wear. The standard shadow slide doesn't have it but it was brought back for the s2

JsVhScYO-1083189681.jpg

Edited by Ajohnson15

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2018 at 10:08 PM, yigal said:

sh2 never cracks.:o

for this u need to check it under microscope, because it could be only signs of hammer and not crack.

broken2.jpg

This is what happened to my gun today. The gun still works though. Will call CZ tomorrow... Ugh..

11 hours ago, cheby said:

This is what happened to my gun today. The gun still works though. Will call CZ tomorrow... Ugh..

Ouch!  That's not even the location of the 'crack' mentioned in this thread...

Right where the slide stop goes.

10 hours ago, clw42 said:

Ouch!  That's not even the location of the 'crack' mentioned in this thread...

Right where the slide stop goes.

????   It is exactly where the crack happens, right side of frame, from the back part of the slide stop hole upwards

1 hour ago, race1911 said:

????   It is exactly where the crack happens, right side of frame, from the back part of the slide stop hole upwards

Then there are two distinct issues being referenced in this thread.  The original post was concerning marks or cracks in the slide, not the frame.

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

Then there are two distinct issues being referenced in this thread.  The original post was concerning marks or cracks in the slide, not the frame.

Ah !!!...sorry, thought the whole post was about the first version Shadow 2 frame cracks

• 6 months later...

Well just happen to me. Crack and then metal bit fall off. Exactly at the same spot. Own the gun for less than a year. Probably 10-15k ammo. 

I am the only one who has this issue. All other czs2 in the club is made in czech. Mine is USA. 

Just curious for others where you czs2 made from if you have this issue?

FYI if you are in the US, cz has confirmed they will replace. But I am in Asia. Tight gun regulation seems too troublesome to reexport and import the replacement.

Here is my new frame to replace my cracked match frame. The red spots are from the Coolfire barrel I am currently playing with in the match gun's slide. Finish on this frame is very nice, the coating seems different than the polycoat I am familiar with, it's not as sweet as my Arcore finished ones though, but still very nice. The machining is tight and no blems at all. Match slide fits on tight, no slop at all. 

46454564_10216883300988458_1074509046892986368_n.jpg

46496065_10216883301268465_8547048433016373248_n.jpg

46507240_10216883300388443_7788388716975751168_n.jpg

46524214_10216883300068435_1290730332072443904_n.jpg

Edited by slavex

CZ with metal frames and slides are almost impossible to crack. You may break a slide stop or something like that but not the frame or slide itself. You can shoot major pf through a S2 and nothing will happen to it except horrible recoil.

you might want to do some reading. there have been a number of us crack frames, shooting minor loads, many have actual pieces fall out of the frame, and at low round counts too. hence the reason for the replacement frame above

3 hours ago, slavex said:

you might want to do some reading. there have been a number of us crack frames, shooting minor loads, many have actual pieces fall out of the frame, and at low round counts too. hence the reason for the replacement frame above

US,Canada😉.Europe, and others.😄

4 hours ago, Doc1 said:

CZ with metal frames and slides are almost impossible to crack. You may break a slide stop or something like that but not the frame or slide itself. You can shoot major pf through a S2 and nothing will happen to it except horrible recoil.

they even solved  in sh2  the slide stop pin breakage.  it's hold throughout   life of the gun.😉

hi Rob./ slavex. how hold your new Scoda😉 with new frame cuts? 

Edited by yigal