Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics and Front Sight

boudreux

For those of y'all that shoot carry optics, do you keep the irons on? Do you use suppressor height sights? If you leave them on, how much is in the window of the optic? Seems to me that I would want to remove the front and rear sight to have an unobstructed view. 

I have suppressor height sights on my CO Glock. They sit right at the bottom of the screen on my DPP. They helped me when learning how to present the gun with the dot in the screen each time. Also they helped big time when shooting weak hand only. I don’t particularly need them anymore but they don’t bother me at all so I’ve just left them on.

Glock 34 MOS with Leupold Delta Point Pro. Removed front sight, reversed rear sight so the white outline wouldn’t distract me and I wouldn’t have the empty dovetail.  Took about a week before I could easily find the dot, don’t think back up sights are needed, never used them when I shot open. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, boudreux said:

For those of y'all that shoot carry optics, do you keep the irons on? Do you use suppressor height sights? If you leave them on, how much is in the window of the optic? Seems to me that I would want to remove the front and rear sight to have an unobstructed view. 

I quickly removed them