Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new Shadow 2 Optic Ready from factory

race1911

..at the IWA the CZ booth is showing off its Shadow 2 Optic Ready with a factory milled slide supposedly on sale come April  (the one shown has an RMR 6 on it)...notice the different slide with no angle cuts (wonder if they will sell the slide separately as an option?)..they also showed a P10 C Optic Ready

CZ Shadow 2 Optic Ready.jpg

Edited by race1911

6 minutes ago, abb1 said:

Hmmm, I am wondering if they shaved some weight off it to make the weight restriction for Carry Optics. Interesting to see the specs....... 

Intended market will be IPSC production optics, no weight restriction, just  need to be factory produced optic ready.

39 minutes ago, eerw said:

Intended market will be IPSC production optics, no weight restriction, just  need to be factory produced optic ready.

So it still needs to be lightened to be CO legal

Edited by cheby

24 minutes ago, eerw said:

One of our major retailers is over at IWA and I sent him a message to check on exactly that.  Given they aren't just milling the current slide but have one with a different profile I was hoping they had found a way to shave some weight so I would be good to go on both sides of the border.  Kind of a crappy deal in that I can now modify it to make weight in USPSA but those mods would make it illegal in IPSC.

Edited by Chili

some people were able to do minor weight reductions on the older S2 and make legal weight for CO without even milling the slide (using dovetail mount)....if so then it's very possible the new S2 Optic Ready slide will be lighter having been milled to accept an optic and should also then be legal for both Production Optics and Carry Optics

Edited by race1911

1 hour ago, Judo said:

I heard that the Optics ready Shadow 2 is not coming to the US until next year.  

that doesn't surprise me seeing that the US was very much behind the rest of the world in getting the original Shadow 2, unsure why..........I'm sure you will see them available elsewhere before the end of this year, as a matter of fact I heard a rumour availability would start slowly sometime after April

7 minutes ago, race1911 said:

that doesn't surprise me seeing that the US was very much behind the rest of the world in getting the original Shadow 2, unsure why..........I'm sure you will see them available elsewhere before the end of this year, as a matter of fact I heard a rumour availability would start slowly sometime after April

I really wish CZ would hurry the hell up, LOL.  

10 minutes ago, Judo said:

I really wish CZ would hurry the hell up, LOL.  

Yah,  I've been waiting a year for the Optic Ready model, ever since IPSC announced they would be starting Production Optics div......have had to shoot with dovetail adapters waiting for them

Edited by race1911

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/9/2018 at 10:39 PM, RexKramer said:

Oh make this Carry Optics legal please. And sell the upper separately, too.

^^^ this oh please. I could ditch my M&P 9L and just shoot shadow 2's in Production or CO 

whichever mood strikes me  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any more news on when the optic ready Shadow 2 will be in the USA?  I really want an optic on a S2 and don’t want to mess with having it done aftermarket if there is a factory ready one available.  I sent an email to CZ a bit ago, but haven’t heard back.

Jeff

31 minutes ago, JNW said:

Any more news on when the optic ready Shadow 2 will be in the USA?  I really want an optic on a S2 and don’t want to mess with having it done aftermarket if there is a factory ready one available.  I sent an email to CZ a bit ago, but haven’t heard back.

Jeff

Supposedly next year.

i love CZ pistols and have shot tons of them for years. but my gut tells me you're dreaming if you think you're going to buy one in the USA in 2018.

i had an sp01 with the CZC rds plate system and it was great. way way better than the dovetail mount i was using on a sp01 before.