Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TONI FRAME WEIGHTS

bowenbuilt

For anyone who would like a frame weight that actually fits a standard length slide without hanging over this is the shiznit. They are cast out of brass and add a good amount of weight to the front of the pistol. They are made for the standard, compact and large frame Glocks.

IMG_3829.JPG

toni1.JPG

toni.JPG

Edited by bowenbuilt

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brass is listed as 140 gr.    I'm assuming they mean grams but gr. is normally known as grains in the us. If grams it converts to 4.94 ounces. which is a good improvement if it has a solid mount. Since It's smaller than the SJC it should fit more holster options. 

I bout a knockoff of the inforce APL light and filled with tungsten powder to come in at 5.2oz, still haven't gotten a holster made for it. But it does help a bit on tracking the sights. 

If you want to play around with a light the black hawk omnivore is a workable holster option. They are specific to certain TLR lights but pretty much any picatiny railed pistol. They have a thumb lock and I usually release that at make ready so it is not that bad. Once locked it is secure. The TLR-1 full of small lead fishing weights makes a noticeable difference in muzzle flip.

21 hours ago, Marshal82 said:

The brass is listed as 140 gr.    I'm assuming they mean grams but gr. is normally known as grains in the us. If grams it converts to 4.94 ounces. which is a good improvement if it has a solid mount. Since It's smaller than the SJC it should fit more holster options. 

I bout a knockoff of the inforce APL light and filled with tungsten powder to come in at 5.2oz, still haven't gotten a holster made for it. But it does help a bit on tracking the sights. 

According to my digital scale this one weighs 5 oz's. It gives my 21 a considerable muzzle heavy feel. I drilled 2 divits in the accessory rail to run the allen screws into and applied red Lock-Tite to the treads. I shot 300 rounds of hardball through it yesterday and it didn't budge. You could also run some screws into the side holes for more security or add a *thumb rest [generic]*. I had to hammer it on the rail with a plastic mallet, i don't think it's going anywhere. It sure tames the recoil of hardball. I am extremely happy with how it works and most of all how it looks. I think it actually gives the old 2X4 a little sex appeal. I ordered this from Toni Systems in Italy and received it in 2 weeks UPS International Ground. I will be buying more of them for my short slided Limited guns. Love it!

Edited by bowenbuilt

CR speed wsm2 with some little  sanding. Saul  is supposed  to  work  at  drwing a  new    race master magnetic   to  accomodate  this  now  increasingly popular set up....but i'm not  holding my  breath on it honestly, while  if  ever  it happens,i  will  get one   as soon as  available.

Edited by sigsauerfan

On 3/9/2018 at 9:38 AM, sigsauerfan said:

DSC04413.thumb.JPG.4f53aee0b8d5bbf8b71b5c489e805106.JPGDSC04414.thumb.JPG.57e9422970210b44b1e0f07c415c7580.JPG

I use the Bob Vogel type grip with the left hand rotated a little more forward. That moves my left thumb quite a bit more forward than would work with this positioning. My slide lock lines up with distal joint of my left thumb. It would probably require moving the 3D forward two screws. Is that doable? Or would a different finger rest work better than the 3D?

the  main feature  of  the  vogel  grip  is  the height  where  he  put  his  trigger  hand. as  for the  rest,  he  explained  very clearly that  he  has  a  near dead  grip on the  gun:  he  grip  very  hard,and  also  he  apply  a  counter  force  right-left  like  a  clamp  does.  my  point  is  that  whatever  you  put  your  support  thumb  quite  far toward  the muzzle, you  can use  the  intended  location of  the  thumb rest    which put your  support  hand  far  forward  on the  frame....me, i  prefer  the  advanced  position  like  you see  on the pic.  «buuut,in any  case, you still can put  your  thumb on the  top  of  the  thumb rest  block  ,which act  as  the  same,  even providing more  down force  .

i  also  use  the  vogel  grip,but to  me,  the only  crucial part of  his  grip  is  the  height of  his  trigger hand,and  the  strenght  he  applies  on the gun.  

as  for the thumb rest, toni  system also  offer  a  traditional  gas  pedal  that fit  their  frame  weight.

Edited by sigsauerfan

8 hours ago, sigsauerfan said:

the  main feature  of  the  vogel  grip  is  the height  where  he  put  his  trigger  hand. as  for the  rest,  he  explained  very clearly that  he  has  a  near dead  grip on the  gun:  he  grip  very  hard,and  also  he  apply  a  counter  force  right-left  like  a  clamp  does.  my  point  is  that  whatever  you  put  your  support  thumb  quite  far toward  the muzzle, you  can use  the  intended  location of  the  thumb rest    which put your  support  hand  far  forward  on the  frame....me, i  prefer  the  advanced  position  like  you see  on the pic.  «buuut,in any  case, you still can put  your  thumb on the  top  of  the  thumb rest  block  ,which act  as  the  same,  even providing more  down force  .

i  also  use  the  vogel  grip,but to  me,  the only  crucial part of  his  grip  is  the  height of  his  trigger hand,and  the  strenght  he  applies  on the gun.  

as  for the thumb rest, toni  system also  offer  a  traditional  gas  pedal  that fit  their  frame  weight.

Thank you. Are you placing your thumb pad on the posterior rising portion of the thumb rest? Or do you reach over and put your thumb pad on the descending forward portion? Maybe a photo would help me understand? 

A link so others know what we mean by the Vogel grip and some crazy accurate shooting filmed and narrated by Taran Butler at his practice range.

As Vogel rolls his left hand forward he puts his left thumb toward the trigger guard whereas mine is more along the dust cover, like thumbs forward. Maybe that deviation from Vogel's grip is why I don't shoot like him? 

Edited by Paul49
Clarity

44 minutes ago, Paul49 said:

Thank you. Are you placing your thumb pad on the posterior rising portion of the thumb rest? Or do you reach over and put your thumb pad on the descending forward portion? Maybe a photo would help me understand? 

depending  on how  good i  replace  my  support  after  a  reload,  it  may be  one  of  the  two  scenarios.  both  works  equally, while  of  course  the  more  forward   and  close  to  the  muzzle  we're  the  more  control  we  get......this  is  how  it  goes  with glocks. you  need  a  near  perfect  grip  so  the  muzzle  stays   inside  a  quarter    diameter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the 140 gram frame weight and left side 3D thumb rest. Cannot wait for them to arrive. Hoping to emulate a CZ TS Orange with "*thumb rest [generic]*" without trying to buya gun that is not available over the counter in California. 

Contacted Toni Systems through the website contact form 3/16 evening and had a response waiting for me in the morning. We exchanged emails over the next several days to clarify exactly what I wanted, what colors, what payment method (options were bank transfer vs Paypal), address. Their last request was my birthdate. Probably wanted to be sure I was not a minor. Once they knew my order and all the details, I got a message/invoice from Paypal on 3/21 which I approved. The product was shipped 3/22 and would have arrived 3/26 had I been home to receive it. Got it 3/27 and installed it right away, like a kid at Christmas. Fits my grip perfectly. Will be at the range tomorrow. Plan to order the holster sigsauerfan recommended above.

Toni System 2018.jpg

Edited by Paul49
clarity

On 3/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, sigsauerfan said:

CR speed wsm2 with some little  sanding. Saul  is supposed  to  work  at  drwing a  new    race master magnetic   to  accomodate  this  now  increasingly popular set up....but i'm not  holding my  breath on it honestly, while  if  ever  it happens,i  will  get one   as soon as  available.

What do you mean, SigSauerFan, by a little sanding?

Will this holster work with my G35 and Toni Frame Weight and 3D Thumb Rest as pictured above?

Good questions:

Short  answer: I'm old, slow, not a threat and I don't care!

Long answer: I'm  68 years old and slow of foot and reflexes, competing against myself not a threat to the other local shooters. Shooting the G35 in limited ten right on the borderline between USPSA C and D without the frame weight or optic. Category doesn't really matter. Also, living in Los Angeles which outlawed standard capacity magazines two years ago, I'm limited to ten rounders, while those locals in other nearby towns still have their 15 round magazines. Finally, I saw several frame weights in television coverage of the Iron Sight Nationals by Shooting USA.

When you get older you will realize the challenges that aging brings. The lenses of our eyes begin slowly hardening around age 40 which gradually reduces their ability to zoom, leading to the necessity for bifocals and eventually trifocals. If you were blessed with good distance vision then this eye aging creates the need for reading glasses. If you're near sighted like most, you're in trifocals. To see the front sight with trifocals you have to tip your head back to look through the bottom third of the lens which pretty much makes seeing the target with any clarity almost impossible. Many get "shooting glasses" where their dominant eye is corrected to see the front sight only and the other eye corrected for distance vision.

so I'm not really worried about rules because I am not a competitive threat. Besides, if you think about the rules, how fair is it for a box stock Glock to compete against a CZ Shadow 2 in Production? Our local club works on the honor system. It's about having fun, being safe, enjoying camaraderie and trying to get a little better or maybe more accurately trying to slow the effects of the aging process for a few more seasons. 

Edited by Paul49
Friendliness