Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guide rod for Gen 5 34.

LeviSS

17 and 34 Gen 5 guide rods are different from previous generations; they're longer since Glock changed location of the locking block. So you can't use older generation guide rods in a 17/34 Gen 5. I'd think the 17 Gen 5 guide rod would work in a 34 Gen 5 since I'm sure they're the same just like in all previous generations, but might want to confirm with Jager on that particular guide rod.

5 hours ago, Southpaw said:

17 and 34 Gen 5 guide rods are different from previous generations; they're longer since Glock changed location of the locking block. So you can't use older generation guide rods in a 17/34 Gen 5. I'd think the 17 Gen 5 guide rod would work in a 34 Gen 5 since I'm sure they're the same just like in all previous generations, but might want to confirm with Jager on that particular guide rod.

I’m running TTI gen 3 non-captured stainless guide rod with guide rod adaptor in gen 5 g17 with no issues. Comparing the gen 5 guide rod length it’s the same as previous versions. The locking block differences have more to do with the internal dimension and angle as far as I can tell. 

7 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

I’m running TTI gen 3 non-captured stainless guide rod with guide rod adaptor in gen 5 g17 with no issues. Comparing the gen 5 guide rod length it’s the same as previous versions. The locking block differences have more to do with the internal dimension and angle as far as I can tell. 

You may be able to get away with the non captured, but the captured you need to use the gen5 from jager.  The gen5 is longer.  

44 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Interesting that that works.  I don't own a Gen 5 to compare recoil spring assemblies, but the locking lug on a Gen 5 barrel is moved further back on the barrel compared to the Gen 4 and in turn the area on the barrel where the back of the RSA rests is also further back.  This necessitated a slightly longer RSA.  I couldn't find any pictures online comparing the Gen 5 to Gen 4 RSAs, but here's a comparison of the barrels showing the difference in locking lugs (looks like they labeled it wrong though as the Gen 5 is the one on the bottom).

Glock_Gen5_14.jpg

23 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Interesting that that works.  I don't own a Gen 5 to compare recoil spring assemblies, but the locking lug on a Gen 5 barrel is moved further back on the barrel compared to the Gen 4 and in turn the area on the barrel where the back of the RSA rests is also further back.  This necessitated a slightly longer RSA.  I couldn't find any pictures online comparing the Gen 5 to Gen 4 RSAs, but here's a comparison of the barrels showing the difference in locking lugs (looks like they labeled it wrong though as the Gen 5 is the one on the bottom).

Glock_Gen5_14.jpg

Interesting, I’ll take a pic of my gen 3 compared to gen 5, don’t have any gen 4. 

On 2/28/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jager1147 said:

Yes, the rod for the 17 also fits the 34.

Ok.  I have a problem.

I ordered a Jager Gen 5 guide rod from Shooters Connection.  When I got the package, it had a Gen 4 guide rod in it.  The invoice clearly said Gen 5 guide rod.  It doesn't fit.

So, I guess they sent me the wrong one?

On 2/27/2018 at 8:39 PM, HoMiE said:

I was wrong, I forgot I cut down an extended g34 guide rod to fit in my gen 5. 

The gen 3 rods are shorter than gen 5. 

Pics of my gen 5 on left and gen 3s on right (gen 5 g17, gen 3 g17, gen 3 g34) l to r

D99FEC04-6CE9-48C9-BE4F-CCE65840DFF9.jpeg

3 hours ago, NWfront said:

I sent an email asking about that and was told it does not include the Gen 5 MOS.  

I didn't even think about it not being approved for Production yet.  I can't believe they haven't sold enough 34's yet, but they 17 is gtg.  I guess I'll have to shoot the Gen4 17 again this weekend.

4 hours ago, LeviSS said:

I didn't even think about it not being approved for Production yet.  I can't believe they haven't sold enough 34's yet, but they 17 is gtg.  I guess I'll have to shoot the Gen4 17 again this weekend.

Im positive they have sold at least 2000 by now. 

On 3/13/2018 at 11:06 AM, Agent #1911 said:

Is the Gen 5 34 MOS approved in production division? I do see G34 MOS on the list but not sure if its for all generations 

I would assume its legal now since it was on both Glock's and USPSA's facebook page saying it was legal for carry optics and production