Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loose primers inside magazine shield

I have a bunch of primers loose inside the magazine shield of my XL650. Don't ask me how I did it because I'm not sure. Any idea how I can get them out? I've already removed the magazine and the primers are still inside the shield. I thought I read somewhere that your not supposed to remove the magazine shield.

Edited by GregInAtl

You must first remove the shellplate, then remove the primer feed housing from the platform and turn it upside down.  To remove the shellplate, first loosen the shellplate bolt set screw on the left side of the shaft, about 1/4" from the top of the shaft. Loosen it about 1/2 turn. Remove the ejector wire from the top of the shellplate. Now unthread the shellplate bolt, and lift the shellplate off. Now, remove the two large bolts that secure the primer feed housing to the platform.

5 hours ago, dillon said:

You must first remove the shellplate, then remove the primer feed housing from the platform and turn it upside down.  To remove the shellplate, first loosen the shellplate bolt set screw on the left side of the shaft, about 1/4" from the top of the shaft. Loosen it about 1/2 turn. Remove the ejector wire from the top of the shellplate. Now unthread the shellplate bolt, and lift the shellplate off. Now, remove the two large bolts that secure the primer feed housing to the platform.

That did the trick, I'm back in business...........thanks for the assistance