Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets vs. 3-gun Steel Targets

VU2AKILL

I am going to start loading some 180 grain Blue Bullets to shoot out of my STI DVC Limited 40.  I shoot a bunch of USPSA and 3-gun.  I am curious as to how these bullets work on knock down steel targets or spinners that we often find in 3-gun.  Will they perform just like a plated bullet??  I don't see why there would be much difference but did not want to find out the hard way so thought I would see if anyone has any experience smashing steel with these

On 2/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, Furrly said:

I believe it is BENOS, unless ENNIS  is a new one 

Ennis is a different code that does the same thing.

9 minutes ago, VU2AKILL said:

I ordered some up yesterday and used the BENOS code.  Thanks guys for the replies!!

You can only use those codes once, so you can always use Ennis on your next order.

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up on this.  I got some 180 grain Blues in and loaded them up over 4.5gr. of WST at 1.18 for the STI to eat.  Too snowy to try the poppers or spinner still but they crush the knock down plates!!  Thanks again to all who commented on this.  Much appreciated.  I think these are going to work very well.

2 hours ago, VU2AKILL said:

Follow up on this.  I got some 180 grain Blues in and loaded them up over 4.5gr. of WST at 1.18 for the STI to eat.  Too snowy to try the poppers or spinner still but they crush the knock down plates!!  Thanks again to all who commented on this.  Much appreciated.  I think these are going to work very well.

They are great bullets!  Wearing a surgical glove when loading will take care of Smurf fingers.

13 hours ago, StuckinMS said:

They are great bullets!  Wearing a surgical glove when loading will take care of Smurf fingers.

Ha ha.  figured that out on the first reloading session.  At least it washed off easily though.