Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal in PCC?

43 minutes ago, zeroryde said:

They just voted on this, I believe literally today. All voted no to pistol receivers. So no pistol braces.

So, does that mean that you can't make a pistol into a rifle?  16" barrel and stock by NFA definition.

I don't know about other guns, but an AR can go from a pistol to a rifle and back to a pistol legally.  But you can't go from a rifle to a pistol. :-( 

37 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

So, does that mean that you can't make a pistol into a rifle?  16" barrel and stock by NFA definition.

I don't know about other guns, but an AR can go from a pistol to a rifle and back to a pistol legally.  But you can't go from a rifle to a pistol. :-( 

No AR pistols...only rifles or SBR

I have an SBR'd Lower with  a 5" and another 8" upper. I also have another lower with 2 different 16" uppers.  My times are much better with the full length guns.  That and I don't have to jack with the ATF to take them out of state if i wanted to.  The shortys look better and have the cool factor but in competition I run the full length guns.  

23 minutes ago, Hank1292 said:

I have an SBR'd Lower with  a 5" and another 8" upper. I also have another lower with 2 different 16" uppers.  My times are much better with the full length guns.  That and I don't have to jack with the ATF to take them out of state if i wanted to.  The shortys look better and have the cool factor but in competition I run the full length guns.  

Even in stages with lots of walls and hard leans?

I have 2 MPXs: one is 16" and the other is 8".

I'm lucky where my club runs USPSA 1st Sunday of the month, where I'll run the MPX carbine.

And the next weekend, we reuse the same stages, and run "Action Pistol/Sport Carbine", (braces are allowed) and I run my 8" MPX.

Perhaps some of the better result is from getting a second run at the same stages, but I'm faster with the 8" gun.

So I've filed to SBR my carbine.

25 minutes ago, L3324temp said:

My last one took 13 months 19 days. Got it 3 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do Individual or Gun trust?  I heard the individual trusts are coming back much faster.

1 minute ago, BartCarter said:

Your post makes no sense and doesn't answer my question.

Meaning PCC doesn't allow for AR Pistols to be used...so no pistol stabilizing braces. If you convert your "pistol" back to a rifle I'm sure it's fine to use in PCC or if you got a SBR tax stamp for it that's fine too. As for converting it back and forth I'm not sure of the legality with your state laws. I know that for it to be a pistol you must have bought it as a pistol first from the FFL in the first place like you stated.

6 minutes ago, zeroryde said:

Meaning PCC doesn't allow for AR Pistols to be used...so no pistol stabilizing braces. If you convert your "pistol" back to a rifle I'm sure it's fine to use in PCC or if you got a SBR tax stamp for it that's fine too. As for converting it back and forth I'm not sure of the legality with your state laws. I know that for it to be a pistol you must have bought it as a pistol first from the FFL in the first place like you stated.

This makes sense.  According to Federal Law, you can convert a pistol to a rifle and back to a pistol.  But if your gun started as a rifle, you cannot convert it to a pistol.  Just one of the Federal inconsistencies.