Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Mag Pouch

Mike62

I got 3 Ghost 360 mag pouches since they will fit just about any large double stack magazine. I removed the clip, ground down the 360 teeth on the back and installed a tek-lok clip to the back of each pouch. This ensures the pouch sits close enough to your belt. 

The only other thing you have to do to be legal is put some tape over the front where the void is. The sides are ok as is but I just put some black gorilla tape over the front. 

It works very well and I wouldn't change a thing. The tape doesn't interfere with the mag when doing reloads. 

I'll post a picture or 2 when I get home. 

Edited by V2plus25

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2018 at 9:47 AM, Mike62 said:

Anybody have a good IDPA legal mag pouch that fits large frame Tanfo mags?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I run a pair of Blackhawk double stack mag pouches: https://blackhawk.com/products/holsters-accessories/accessories/cases/injection-molded/single-mag-case-double-stack

for my Tanfo.

/r,

Jeff

On 2/15/2018 at 6:18 PM, V2plus25 said:

Here they are for my large frame Tanfo mags

I've shot 2 seasons with these without any issues including Nationals and 5 other level 4 matches.

Mag Pouch 1.JPG

Mag Pouch 2.JPG

Mag Pouch 3.JPG

Did you just have to drill the mag pouch for the tek-lok pattern? I was looking at these or just ordering the hybrid version and put the tek-lok on them. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Richie said:

Did you just have to drill the mag pouch for the tek-lok pattern? I was looking at these or just ordering the hybrid version and put the tek-lok on them. Thanks!

I seem to remember there already being holes in the back of the ghost pouches that lined up nicely  with the tek-lok clip.  When I get back home I'll take a look and get back to you with more details.  It was super easy to put together though.

6 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

I seem to remember there already being holes in the back of the ghost pouches that lined up nicely  with the tek-lok clip.  When I get back home I'll take a look and get back to you with more details.  It was super easy to put together though.

There is only one hole.  It has the 6 pins surrounding it that mates to the rotation disc.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:33 AM, aandabooks said:

There is only one hole.  It has the 6 pins surrounding it that mates to the rotation disc.

@Richie, so after taking a closer look at how I put it all together, here's what I did.  I used the dremel to shave off the round protrusions that lock into the belt clip.  The tek-lok clip that goes onto the back of the pouch has 9 holes in it.  I just used it as a guide and drilled 2 holes into the back of the pouch.  I then took the 2 screws and rubber washers from the original mount (or perhaps the tek-lok clip) and screwed the tek-lok clip directly to the back of the pouch.  I didn't use the hole that mates to the rotation disc because it ended up being bigger than the head of the screw meant to hold the clip to the pouch.

Yes there are 2 allen screw heads that protrude into the pouch, but the leaf spring that pushes the mag to the front of the pouch keeps the magazine from rubbing the screw heads.  And of course per IDPA rules I had to cover up the finger grip on the front of the pouch with black gorilla tape. 

It's worked really well for over 2 years now for both live and dry fire.  I can also post pictures of the clip attached to the mag pouch if needed.  

Edited by V2plus25
because