Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIgned UP: Ben Stoeger PRACTICAL SHOOTING FUNDAMENTALS

jrdoran

I took it last fall, great class with a very methodical way of executing the drills in his book. He explains why the drills are being presented the way they are and helps you understand the process he teaches. You will have a "drills" bay and a "stage" bay side by side, you do a drill several times and then part of the group goes to the stage bay to execute the drill on the mock stage.

I've taken the class twice, it's fantastic. 

An important note: Like many things in life, you get out of it what you put into it. You get far more, higher quality training if you show up with your work ethic. At the second class I took, I shot the practice stage 2-3x more than the next person because I was running through it and then stuffing mags like a madman, and hopping back in the start box. That, amongst other factors, led to Ben pushing me much harder than he otherwise would have. 

Bring extra ammo. Bring a spare gun if you have one. 

I've taken Fundamentals and Skills & Drills.

Ben's classes are worth every penny.

Keep your ears open and LISTEN to everything he says.  To you and your classmates.  Absorb his knowledge and approach to doing things.  Watch how he prepares to shoot.

I learned almost as much just by observing him and keeping my ears open for little wisdom nuggets as I did from the direct instruction.

It will take months or years off your learning curve.

Ben’s Fundamentals class was a hard push for the (very solid) Production M in the class with me. Fundamentals does not equate to “for beginners” in any way.

As I’ve said before: I went as a high B-class who couldn’t chip his way in A. Someone who thought he was largely doing everything right.

I left as a guy who realized huge deficiencies in trigger control and grip, and saw himself throwing away 3/4 second entering every position.

Flaws. Everywhere.

Making A was easy after that, with a little bit of practice a few times a week.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

11 hours ago, waktasz said:

If you're not a member at LP you're going to be SOL

I’ve actually thinking of becoming a member and a few friends that are members have offered to sponsor me... but the class is filled up there already ??‍♂️. I emailed the person from New Holland, hopefully they have some openings.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:09 PM, waktasz said:

I'm not sure, I'm not running the class there. 

I was initially on the wait list for it so I organized a class at Ontelaunee instead. I got off the waitlist but had already bailed on the class at LP. 

Still have availability there? Both New Holland and LPRGC are filled

• 1 month later...