Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal Syntech USPSA ammo....

psyops

15 hours ago, Distant Thunder said:

Just ordered some to try in my Single Stack Trojan and Production Glock 17. Their current favorite is the Atlanta Arms 147 gr. so we'll see how the two compare.

Please post your results.  I'm also considering that ammo.

My club bans jacketed or plated for steel, so a bunch of shooters who don't reload are using them.  They seem to like them.  I reload, so I have no use for the ammo, although I would consider trying the bullets when they become available in bulk.

• 2 months later...

Do you guys really think this ammo is better than other match grade fmj ammo? I just remember back when I used to shoot moly coated just because it was cheaper and this stuff reminds me of that. Is it an emperor in new clothes kind of thing? Am I missing something? Is it just really good marketing? Especially .45 acp. 52 cents per round? That’s ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Texas45 said:

Browned has them in stock. $129.99 for 500 plus free shipping. Little expensive but wanted to try in my JP PCC as I don't reload. 

guys at JP told me they use the cheapest 9mm ammo available in their 9mm carbines.  $260/case is WAY above cheap.  last winter with fed's rebate i bought a couple cases of their 115g at like 190-200/case shipped from targetsportsusa and then the fed 25% rebate off of that.  also couple of cases of blazer aluminum from PSA @$160/case shipped.

19 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

You can also buy just the bullets. I really like the 154/150 grain 9mm factory load.

Even the projectiles where expensive from what I remember looking around online. 

Bayou (obviously), BBI, Acme, Blue all cheaper and of similar quality. 

Personally I think Federal is kind of missing the target on this one for the competition market. However, the person that 'shoots alot' and goes the the range twice a week to punch some holes in paper, this is right up their alley. Unfortunately for us, that market is WAY bigger than the competition.