Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI 5.4 SIGHT TRACKER LOAD DATA

Furrly

Hello Fellow Enos's members

I just picked up a new Limited SVI 5.4 sight tracker in 40cal with there  AET barrel,  and from what i have read the AET barrel is some what on the slow side. Looking for some load recommendations  with 180 Gr FMJ, 180gr BBL and even 200gr BBL.

current powders I am working with are N320, Prima SV-compares with Clays  and WST. I do have TG and W231 but i do not want to run these powders due to them being dirty. any other powder suggestions would be welcomed as well. 

when i called SVI for load info they advice on N310, but from what i have read it can be a very sensative powder to load with. There suggested  Load was 4.7gr to 4.8gr with an OAL OF 1.2.

Any recommendations, suggestions or input would grealty be appreciated!

thank you all 

19 minutes ago, jstagn said:

Are you sure they said n310. Not n320?

yeah, that is what i said, i was talking to the Gal who answers the phone, she put and on hold to get me the info, when she returned she mentioned N310.  I am surprised just as much as you are??? I am going to call them again and confirm 

I've used N320 & WST in my 5.4 SVI sight tracker, but it's not an AET barrel. 1.20 OAL and 4.7g of your WST worked well in mine and IMHO has a softer recoil impulse.

Edited by 72stick

2 hours ago, Jmo2011 said:

Just to confirm , yes Brandon recommended N310 to me several years back. Loaded under a 180 fmj @ 1.20 it's a great shooting load. 

yes I also spoke with Branden, called back just to make sure I herd correctly. 

Jmo2011>what brand of  FMJ bullets are you using...

thanks you all for your responses 

2 hours ago, cvincent said:

This is from a SVI 5” sight tracker with aet barrel. CED chrono. Starting in column E the numbers are Hi, low, ES, AVG, PF, SD. If that makes sense...
ae94ac50a5372bf8d65066304e508087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cvincent> thank you for the Data

37 minutes ago, candiru said:

Brandon gave MG JHP loads for N310 and (original) Clays. I can post those if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that would be great, if you do not mind

9 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

I just recently got my 5.4 sight tracker with aet barrel. I use n320 and Brandon told me his n320 recipe is 5.2-5.4g MG 180 at 1.2 OAL. 

How are you liking your SVI,  is this your first one?  Yeah Brandon did recommend the same for N320, I was just a little confused about N310 suggestions, don't see much load info on this powder. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Furrly said:

How are you liking your SVI,  is this your first one?  Yeah Brandon did recommend the same for N320, I was just a little confused about N310 suggestions, don't see much load info on this powder. 

Thanks 

Yep first one and it’s beyond expectations. For me I’ve never seen one so I was kinda worried that it wouldn’t be what I was expecting well that wasn’t the case. Nobody around where I am at has one so it was bought just on recommendations and guys in the forum. A good friend to me now Roy helped me out tremendously with the build so it eased a little concern. But I am very happy with it. Only thing last 4 weeks have rained matches out. Sucks. Seems like I’ll never get to show it off and shoot it in a local match ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...