Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rewards from last Vanzant shoot.

JohnAdam

I shot for the first time since Bob's "hoot 'n shoot" last Saturday. I shot well and took Bob's advice to heart on planting the cheek to the stock and keeping it there, I got hits nearly every time I used the technique and when I didn't I went back to the old "hit and miss" routine. Just that one Item made the long drive to Missouri worthwhile. 
Now lets talk about the material rewards of the Vanzant shoot and express my appreciation to all that contributed them. The trophy now graces the fireplace mantle, a nice looking addition, the two wood clay medallions are very cool, they are replicas clays engraved with some nice words. I gave one to my parents to be displayed with other family nick-nacs and pictures. The Winchester Bowie knife is very cool and BIG! It might be legal to carry it but it would intimidate my fellow citizens so it resides on my desk, I am looking at it now. The orange hunting cap is in my gear bag as my bkup shooting cap. The case of "mystery ammo", I wasn't too sure what I was getting with that. The case had been resealed and I was very pleasantly surprised to find it filled up with Remington Gun Clubs which I had never shot before. As a matter of fact I have never shot anything but Walmarts finest which in the Benelli produces satisfactory patterns, I shot a box of the Gun Clubs on Saturday and I was impressed with the performance, the patterns were spectacular. I had one clay, a rabbit take a nice long hop directly in front about 25 feet out using a #3 choke and the clay just disappeared when I hit. I have pulverized clays to dust but I have never seen one blow with no discernible debris. Kinda scary! 
Bob and others on this blog have been advising shooters to use quality ammo and reloads and now I see the light. More hits! Whee-hagh! 
My thanks to all!