Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPP vs Romeo 3 and dot size

Apolo

Looking at purchasing a new dot and am stuck between the DPP and Romeo 3. I have heard loads of good about both but would like to here more of the finer points. I ran a Vortex prior in 3moa but the brightness was less than efficient in the bright sun, but I liked the smaller dot for longer shots. So I'm undecided if I want to try a larger size 6 moa or 8moa. Any one have direct comparison or photos with both? Brightness and battery life? Durability? Window size? Ect. I want to be certain before I drop the cash.

Thanks

APOLO.

Can't go wrong with either, done failures are popping up with the dpp here and there, haven't heard amour any with the Romeo 3 yet but I am sure there are some, I was in your spot and settled on the sig because i came across a very lightly used one for a great price, so much so that i have another in the safe waiting for my custom gun to get done.  Good either way

Does the Romeo 3 come in 6moa?  If not, look at the Cmore RTS2.  They appear to be the same rebranded dot (different shells) but you can get the Cmore in a 6moa version, as well as 8moa.  If my memory is correct (and it may not be) the R3 is only available in 3moa. For comparison there’s a few threads comparing the RTS2 to the DPP if you go on faith that they use related electronics; I believe that sig denies this.    You’ll have no problem at all with brightness on an RTS2. 

Edited by jkrispies

44 minutes ago, zzt said:

If you are worried about dot brightness, go with the DPP 2.5.

Agreed. The DPP 2.5 MOA is brighter and clearer than anything else I have tried - Slide Ride 6 & 8 MOA, RTS2 6 & 8 MOA. 

I bought the DPP 2.5, but didn't even un-box it. It went straight to Primary Machine to be put on my slide. All I read pointed to this one. I've got a Razor 3 MOA on a dovetail mount and haven't had any issues, but the auto on/off and changing the battery without un-mounting was the icing on the cake. 

yeah I have 5 RTS2's. I have a couple old slide rides but don't use them anymore. I've shoot a few DPP's in both 2.5 and 7.5moa. do not like the 7.5 at all. it's huge and washed out. the 2.5 is ok. it's bright but it is small.

I do really like the RTS2.

7 hours ago, Garmil said:

Romeo 3 is just an improved rts2 , better glass with less tint, auto off and on.

For me the dpp with a triangle the triangle looked crooked to me drove me crazy.

When I looked through a DPP triangle, I thought it was HUGE and bright and perfectly crisp... except for the lower left point that was missing, LOL.  No thanks.  

I got both, and two of the DPP. One of the DPP has an okay mildly-'splatered' dot, but one needs to go back to Leupold, as it has a terrible 11 o clock to 5 o clock oblong 'shooting star' dot. My Romeo 3 has a beutiful, crisp dot that works well with both my eyes, and image intensification devices;)

On 2/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, Chillywig said:

Anyone have a romeo and DPP or RTS2 for a side by side comparison? I reallly tried to like the DPP but switched back to the RTS2 because of the center glass height

I would be interested in a few comparison pictures as well. I hope someone can chime in who has both with some pictures.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, Chillywig said:

Anyone have a romeo and DPP or RTS2 for a side by side comparison? I reallly tried to like the DPP but switched back to the RTS2 because of the center glass height

I have all 3 and #1DPP, #2RTS, #3Romeo3