Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA in Restricted States

jschweg

I live in NY, where we are limited to 10 round mags.

I've been shooting in various winter PPC leagues for a handful of seasons, and I'm going to start with USPSA this coming spring.

How do the limited classes work in my fascist state and other like it?

Is there just simply a limited 10 class and nothing else? Since having a 2011 is primarily for the round count, does everyone just shoot 1911's with 10 round 40 mags for major?

It would just be wierd to see a 2011 with a 10 round mag and I'm just wondering what the typical setup for limited would be.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Stick to production ss or l10 or get a wheel gun. Those are the legal choices or you can ride dirty and have fun with the 2011 s intended.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, I've already decided that I'm going to shoot SS, but I was more wondering how limited even works in states like these.

I have seen people who run a 2011 platform with 10rnd mags as L10 because the mag changes are much easier.  If you want to you can still run limited with the 10 rounders but you'll be doing more mag changes..  If you want to be classified in limited that would be the N.Y. Compliant way to do it.  In a classifier there will be little to no impact using a 10rnd cap. Magazine in most cases..

I live in NY, where we are limited to 10 round mags.

I've been shooting in various winter PPC leagues for a handful of seasons, and I'm going to start with USPSA this coming spring.

How do the limited classes work in my fascist state and other like it?

Is there just simply a limited 10 class and nothing else? Since having a 2011 is primarily for the round count, does everyone just shoot 1911's with 10 round 40 mags for major?

It would just be wierd to see a 2011 with a 10 round mag and I'm just wondering what the typical setup for limited would be.

Thanks!

For instance in NJ you can shoot open but have to have 15 round mags and NY 10 but you are not limited to a division, everyone at your match will have the same mag restriction so there is no handicap.

Subscribed. Live in Oregon which is so far, a free state (no thanks Kate Brownstain). We are considering snowbirding to Comiefornia (happy wife, happy life). Considering a SS minor option (Springfield 9mm 1911?) for a winter fun.

Two years ago a shooter from California was in town for about a month. He used 10 round mags and shot limited. He was very competitive and good. Sectionals around here draw a bunch of Canadian shooters. They have friends this side of the boarder who hold there high capacity mags for them. Going back they drop off those mags and use 10 rounders in Canada.

I lived in NY until three years ago, and used to shoot at five different 

USPSA matches at different ranges, on occasion.

When the new 10-round mag law came in, I received notice from two

different ranges that any mag that held more than 10 rounds was 

NOT welcome at the range.

Don't know if that has changed in the past three years.

I unfortunately reside in the Democratic People's Republic Of Hawaii.  We have a 10 round pistol mag law, so for USPSA we do L10, Open-10, Production, Singlestack, etc.  Its a felony to insert a loaded hi-cap mag into a handgun here, but of course the criminals here don't bother with such trivial concerns. 

In Buffalo Ny we shot prod, revolver, limited 10, open 10 and ss. we couldn't have more than 10 loaded or they would dq you... one main reason I left.. then first match in tx I shot L10...oops...

Edited by Loudgp

17 hours ago, warpspeed said:

In California, the vast majority just ignore the law and shoot hicaps in both Limited and Open.  

Actually, there is a stay in CA on high cap mag law so pre-ban  >10 rounders are legal. You just can't buy them. Per USPSA rules if that stay is lifted then no one would be able to use high caps in sanctioned matches.

6 hours ago, tanks said:

Actually, there is a stay in CA on high cap mag law so pre-ban  >10 rounders are legal. You just can't buy them. Per USPSA rules if that stay is lifted then no one would be able to use high caps in sanctioned matches.

Actually, there are a lot of shooters who use non-pre ban mags. lots.

I shoot CO and Open in NY. Everyone just shoots 10rd mags so the playing field is level no matter what division you’re shooting. As stated above very rarely are classifiers effected by a 10rd mag limits. I don’t think a NY club would pick to shoot one that would be effected anyway. I just keep my standard cap mags out of state so when I travel to shoot I can actually be competitive.

9 hours ago, warpspeed said:

I am talking about how the law is. Seeing that there is no serial number or manufacturing date on mags the law really is not enforceable. If and when the 9th circuit lifts the stay then there will be no loophole (and hopefully my move to Lake Travis, TX will be complete then ;) ).

In California, the vast majority just ignore the law and shoot hicaps in both Limited and Open.  
Very true, clubs won't enforce the current law since there is an injunction for ”grandfathered" standard cap mags in place currently, but mainly because screw Sacramento.

Lots of PCC competitors with Glock fun sticks with mag extensions.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

When people ask about this issue when shoot, I always say "I can neither confirm or deny these rumors”

But it is what it is.....

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk