Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger Magpul SGA adapter

IntenseImage

Just an FYI for those who have a Stoeger and aren't happy with their factory stock for whatever reason ... MOA has released an adapter that allows you to run the Magpul SGA stock from a Mossberg 500/590 along w the factory shims. This gives you a wider range of adjustment and the install is very easybebd2dfd251e9ba00db5601666bab852.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Stoeger M3k recently and I am interested in the Magpul SGA stock. I have 2 questions: 1. Does the Magpul stock affect the recycle of light weight loads? 2. The Mossberg users complained that with Magpul SGA Stock installed, the trigger assembly can not be removed freely with the stock attached. If I use the Magpul SGA Mossberg stock and this adapter on Stoeger M3k, will I have the can't-remove-trigger problem? Thanks.

What did the range of your LOP end up being with the SGA stock and adaptor?

Not sure on full range but w 2 spacers I'm about where I was with the Stoeger Compact stock I was running

I bought a Stoeger M3k recently and I am interested in the Magpul SGA stock. I have 2 questions:1. Does the Magpul stock affect the recycle of light weight loads?2. The Mossberg users complained that with Magpul SGA Stock installed, the trigger assembly can not be removed freely with the stock attached. If I use the Magpul SGA Mossberg stock and this adapter on Stoeger M3k, will I have the can't-remove-trigger problem?Thanks.

No affect on the cycling

No issues w the trigger group

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've had the stock and adaptor sitting around for almost two weeks, but didn't want to make a significant change to my shotgun days before heading to the Missouri 3 Gun Championship.  Finally got it installed this weekend and I really like it.  I have two spacers installed, which gives me roughly a 13.5" LOP.  The ergonomics feel great and the sight lines up with my eye a lot faster.  Gonna get out to the range to throw some lead this week and see how it feels overall.

IMG_2560.jpg

I'm a big fan. I ended running mine with no spacers which lead to a much better length of pull for my size. With the original stock the gun felt really long. It also fits in my travel case now with the tube on it now which is nice. 

I actually just bought one of these (along with the MOA conversion piece - will be installing it later today), and the box says 12.5" to 14.5".  The height is adjustable, but the cheek risers are not included - sold separate.  No clue on the recoil reducer.

Edited by Snausages32
Edited for typo

I installed this yesterday, and I have to say I'm a big fan already.  Haven't had a chance to take it out to the range yet, but it is way more comfortable to shoulder and hold.  Stock cheek riser is just right for me also.

Install was relatively easy, getting the stock bolt out required my wife's hairdryer to loosen it up - not reusing it, and you can't see it, so the pliers got it out real nice.  Very happy with it so far

2 hours ago, Snausages32 said:

I installed this yesterday, and I have to say I'm a big fan already.  Haven't had a chance to take it out to the range yet, but it is way more comfortable to shoulder and hold.  Stock cheek riser is just right for me also.

Install was relatively easy, getting the stock bolt out required my wife's hairdryer to loosen it up - not reusing it, and you can't see it, so the pliers got it out real nice.  Very happy with it so far

Yeah, that factory stock bolt was in there good on mine too.  For the MOA adaptor bolt, I wish they'd have put a small wrench flat spot on, but I was able to get it in with marring it too much.

1 hour ago, 1981Shooter said:

Yeah, that factory stock bolt was in there good on mine too.  For the MOA adaptor bolt, I wish they'd have put a small wrench flat spot on, but I was able to get it in with marring it too much.

I was thinking the same thing.  I was able get it about half way in by hand before I used the pliers again...  I was able to grip the bolt and spun the shotgun around so it didn't have any marring other than the original grip mark (super minimal) - but again, you can't see it, so whatever.  It's probably way cheaper to manufacture those bolts round than having some additional machining done to them. 

• 2 months later...

I noticed that the adapter adds a little bit of length to the attachment interface - how is the reach to the trigger with the adapter+Magpul stock?  Is it still less reach than the factory stock? Anyone know when the adapter might be available from MOA again?

Edited by TalkingMonkey

The extended reach for the trigger isn't noticeable at all.  As a follow up, I really love this new stock.  Primary Arms has the actual Magpul stock for the Mossberg (the one needed for the Stoeger adapter) in orange, which is super tempting...

MOA is usually pretty quick about getting things back in stock, but you can always give them a call to find out if they have a good idea when. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m interested in making this conversion to my M3K, but I’m not clear on how the adapter enables use of the factory shims.  As I understand it, the MOA thread-adapter screws into the receiver, the factory shim sits against the receiver, and then the MOA spacer sits on top of that.  Since the Magpul attachment screw has no choice but to be in-line with the adapter (which is square to the receiver) the only way you can have adjustment is if there is play in the SGA screw hole, of which there doesn’t appear to be very much.  And if that is in fact how it works, won’t the SGA attachment screw head be at an angle to the bearing surface making for a less than ideal joint?  Or does it just crush the SGA plastic to match the shim angle?

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the SGA stock onto my M3K yesterday and thought I’d share some tips on the process.  To remove the factory stock screw, I threaded three nuts onto the end of the shaft and tightened them against one another (the shaft is fine threaded for M8 X 1).  I applied some heat to the end of the shaft from the inside of the receiver using a soldering iron.  Then, applying torque to the innermost of the three nuts, the shaft unscrewed easily. 

To install the MOA adapter screw, I used a short 5/16 – 18 hex head screw and some washers threaded into the SGA mounting hole to tighten the adapter into the receiver - the 5/16 screw backed out fine without loosening the adapter.  Also, I’m using Vibratite VC-3 on the portion of the adapter that threads into the receiver so that if I ever have to remove it, it won’t be glued in with Loctite.  When I was test-fitting the stock, I was able to remove the adapter screw by wrapping it with a very wide and thick rubber band (5/8-inch wide) and using a pair of pliers – it came out easily and without any marks.  Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...