Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunglasses and red dots

sean_stw

I picked up a pair of oakleys non rx they are the golf prizm lenses and are darker than my other glasses though the prizm portion does make up a little bit of a difference in contrast the dot is more deffined but still a little bit darker than my old ones. Now they advertise the lenses as a 30% light transmission but at work I have a tint meter for window tint and I checked what the lenses are and it said 17% I tried the lense on both sides thinking maybe the outside mirror like finish might skew the readings but where exactly the same, maybe the prizm or polarizing is making the reading inaccurate but at any rate I still need to get rx lenses but I'm thinking now of getting the trail lenses instead of the golf ones. The trail lenses are polarized and prism and since there a little less tint they might be better for me. The trail lenses also are sold as mainly improving browns and reds and isnt that the two main things that we want to improve when shooting USPSA. 

25 minutes ago, sean_stw said:

The trail lenses also are sold as mainly improving browns and reds and isnt that the two main things that we want to improve when shooting USPSA. 

That was my main reason for getting them and I think they work really well.

• 1 year later...

I tried a bunch of other lenses from Oakley like the prizm road and prizm ruby both worked pretty good but I ended getting the trail rx lenses and have used them pretty much this whole year and I like them. They definitely make the reds pop more and the red dot is crisper looking it helps get rid of that starburst look that dots usually have, at least for me. The other two lenses where a little dark I think, they made the dot look crisp but it didnt pop like the trail lenses did.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, sean_stw said:

I tried a bunch of other lenses from Oakley like the prizm road and prizm ruby both worked pretty good but I ended getting the trail rx lenses and have used them pretty much this whole year and I like them. They definitely make the reds pop more and the red dot is crisper looking it helps get rid of that starburst look that dots usually have, at least for me. The other two lenses where a little dark I think, they made the dot look crisp but it didnt pop like the trail lenses did.

Oakley Prism Trail (RX for me) for the win!!

At the Oaky store they recommended I bring in my Dot (off the gun of course) and dry fire target and see what worked best,.. then they let me take a few pairs outside in the sun to be sure. They just held my license.

Most of the rages I shoot at have dirt burms and gravel base so they are perfect.

Only when looking directly into the sun are they too light. I have a pair of Dark Polarized for those stages/days.