Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where in N E Ohio for good clubs, ranges, and matches?

lfine

Just looking for some experienced input on where and what to find that’s best in terms of ranges and clubs as well as matches within 2 hrs of Cleveland. Thanks. 

For matches, I've shot at Deerfield with NEOShooters - nice group. As well as Crooked Creek.

For ranges, just indoor in Mentor and eastlake and Medina.

Be great to find a good club and a good outdoor.

Edited by lfine
lack of info

2 hours ago, Sliv2 said:

Not from the area, but my buddy ( @reverse_edge ) is. He discusses this group often: http://neoshooters.com/ 

Yep! This is the place to be. The range/club has recently undergone some changing of hands, and more up to date information can be found here: https://www.dynamicshootingsports.us/

There's also a club up past Chardon if you're an eastsider: https://www.practicalpistol.net/

And if you just can't wait for the weather to break, there's an indoor in Canal Fulton: http://www.thearmoryandrange.com/competition.html

Edited by reverse_edge

I went to the Canal Fulton one years ago before i actually started shooting with my own gear. Used a friend's G17.  Group there was great to a newcomer, as well as my daughter and friend's daughter, too. Good positive first experience for both of them. 

Any idea what the change of ownership meant to NEOShooters/dynamicshootingsports?

This is a real timely topic for me.  I live on the West Side of CLE and I came to this forum to find this exact information.  I tried contacting the NEOShooters a while back to see if they could help out a newbie and no reply.  I'll check out the new website.

20 hours ago, lfine said:

I went to the Canal Fulton one years ago before i actually started shooting with my own gear. Used a friend's G17.  Group there was great to a newcomer, as well as my daughter and friend's daughter, too. Good positive first experience for both of them. 

Any idea what the change of ownership meant to NEOShooters/dynamicshootingsports?

NEO Shooters was the name of the club that ran matches at a range called ARO group.

DSS is the new owner of the same range, and have renamed their club to DSS as well.

Same place (with the addition of some nice range updates), and same great matches. Scott and crew are doing great things up here for us.

5 hours ago, acs5843 said:

This is a real timely topic for me.  I live on the West Side of CLE and I came to this forum to find this exact information.  I tried contacting the NEOShooters a while back to see if they could help out a newbie and no reply.  I'll check out the new website.

Check the calendar and head on down! Every match has new shooters meeting beforehand. They're always extremely helpful and accommodating. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll piggy back off this discussion and re-iterate how much of a gem the USPSA club ran by Dynamic Shooting Sports is (formerly NEOshooters hosted at the ARO group range). I've been going there since it was a single berm years ago tended to by two guys with a dream that I accidentally ran into on the way back form another club. 

I've used the range facility for hosting classes and shot at the USPSA club through out it's entire existence and it is the best spot for "real shooters" in the North East Ohio area. The culture precedent set up by the former range owner ensured that performance style shooting has a home. Now with the torch passed over the DSS the club can continue to grow.

You can catch me teaching performance style classes there under the Waypoint Shooting banner.