Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aluminum and Steel Glock Frames

Dutycalls75

4 hours ago, JLB-US said:

Saw DSA was making a titanium slide for Glocks.

Waiting for someone to run off  2,000 tungsten framed/Titanium slide Glock 34’s to rule Production :P

Tungston would be a pain to machine. There is a company that announced a All steel glock frame but it’s like $2,500, so that’s a no for me.

The Gun Collective has a video on the Genesis and that’s gunna be like $1,250.

The only one that looks viable from my standpoint is the Alpha Foxtrott frame that is part steel and part aluminum.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jager1147 said:

CCF Raceframes rebranded? I still have the buffered recoil assemblies I developed for them to stop the rails from cracking.....

Are they listed on your website?

I have a CCF running 9mm, but I needed to use a 22# spring on a polymer guide rod to get it to work.  Wasn't too happy with the results.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Glocks have basically become like ARs - they are Legos where parts can (more or less) be swapped out interchangeably and it doesn't really matter who manufactured it.

Yup, or like Browning 1911's too lol. Ive been told that Glock had a design patent that expired in the few years that kept many companies from making stuff like this or copying their trigger design... but look how many copycats and design improvements have popped up recently. A heavier and more rigid frame may make this platform a true contender in limited and open classes, very exciting!