Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Bull Shadow models

Garmil

1 hour ago, 38superfan said:

I'm curious why the frame would have to be machined to take the bull top end.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My guess is that the part of the slide where the recoil spring goes is wider than a standard CZ 75 frame, just like the TS/CM slides.  The CTS guns have to be machined there too.

Maybe Stuart will confirm my hunch.

Seriously interested in the Shadow 2 Bull Barrel.  That just looks like an Alpha killing machine and steel popper thumper, just to play around with of course, as it's not PRD legal.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:40 AM, kneelingatlas said:

My guess is that the part of the slide where the recoil spring goes is wider than a standard CZ 75 frame, just like the TS/CM slides.  The CTS guns have to be machined there too.

Maybe Stuart will confirm my hunch.

I believe Angus mentioned it in the video earlier.  It doesn't have to be machined but the rear of the slide will not line up with the frame.  The frame will stick out the back.  If you cut the frame to match the bull slide, your regular Shadow 2 slide will stick out too far.

• 2 weeks later...

Desperately want one as a DA/SA production gun with a  bottom end done up like a STOCK II or TSO/Tacsport/Bullsport.

What I mean is full length dust cover with no rail. The grip angle of the Shadow 1, and the dustcover of a TSO. Glorious. Would fix how heavy the Shadow 2 is up front and still look good.

Talked to these guys at SHOT. I definitely liked the balance, even with the big ol' bull barrel; and I really like the lack of a FPB, would make it super easy for your choice of RDS. The head 'smith there said  the uppers would go onto your TS or 75 frame, but you might want to watch out for the tolerances. Of course, if your slide/frame fit is too tight, look into how you fit a 1911 slide and frame. Overall super cool/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please for the love of god do a Production legal Bull shadow that's setup like a Stock II or TSO.

1. Bull shadow slide
2. TSO/TS/Stock II Style frame (fine checkering, full length dustcover)
3. DA/SA Short reach trigger.

• 3 weeks later...