Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Update on MBX mags in Tanfo

kujo929

I picked up a Canyon Creek tanfoglio limited converted to open custom build gun and have been using it for a short time to play in open. I only have 1 MBX 170 mm mag and the rest are 140mm factory mags. The MBX has run 100% for me so far in my limited use. Loads and runs 28 rounds of 9mm major without a hiccup so far using several different bullet profiles and OAL’s.

Just thought I would update as I know some people have had problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally had to ditch mine. I coulnt rely on them. But, i was running 38 supercomp. I had lemons and adrian wouldn't exchange them. They were visibly poorly made too.

I squeezed mine and they performed much better but i lost capacity.

I'm now using factory k38 170 mags from EAA. They hold 25. With a grams kit they hold 26 or 27 reloadable. I'm running a new base pad now from sweden. Same thing JJ used in world shoot and i'm getting 28 to 29 reloadable . Some guys are using 11 coil springs and getting lucky enough to have 30 in a mag.

Good luck with your mbx mags. You are fortunate to not have lemons.

Did you have to give the 170 mag a squeeze?

I have not done anything to the mag. I did buy it used with the gun but don’t see any signs of modification on it and the original owner said he didn’t use it.

I personally had to ditch mine. I coulnt rely on them. But, i was running 38 supercomp. I had lemons and adrian wouldn't exchange them. They were visibly poorly made too.

I squeezed mine and they performed much better but i lost capacity.

I'm now using factory k38 170 mags from EAA. They hold 25. With a grams kit they hold 26 or 27 reloadable. I'm running a new base pad now from sweden. Same thing JJ used in world shoot and i'm getting 28 to 29 reloadable . Some guys are using 11 coil springs and getting lucky enough to have 30 in a mag.

Good luck with your mbx mags. You are fortunate to not have lemons.

Can you give me info on that base pad?

Can you give me info on that base pad?

http://www.ipscteam.ch/shop/tanfoglio/

I got in touch with a guy in the facebook Tanfo sport group named Domenic Meier. He runs this store i did a transaction with him via email. Not cheap. I got 3 and it cost me close to $210 because international shippong and such. I wish i saw this earlier because he was coming to SHOTSHOW and was willing to bring stuff to US.

The pic is a factory 170mm mag tube with their base pad. 38d7625727fa444315888779bb8e051c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk