Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shirts?

Mcfoto

I’m hopeful this is right section for this; been shooting competition for almost three years and haven’t really addressed clothing other than I typically wear cargo pants and flannel in winter, t shirt in summer. I’m increasingly getting frustrated this time of year with having to constantly re-tuck my shirt so there’s not extra cloth in the way of the draw. I’m resistant to getting the jerseys as I think a. They should show you’re on a team (which I’m not), or b. The generic USPSA ones are hideous (my opinion). I should also add that I’m very long waisted (buy shirts in long even though I’m only 6’ tall) and I have ample love handles. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During the cold part of the season I find myself wearing an Under Armor heat gear long sleeve underneath a normal t shirt. The heat gear shirts are quite thinner than the standard cold gear and they do not have a turtle neck. The tight fit of the shirt is comfortable because of the thin material used, but warm enough when you are up to shoot. Between stages I have a nice coat on to keep me warm from the elements but during the stage I want to be as mobile and streamlined as possible. I feel that this combination has worked extremely well for me. 

Kind of curious under what circumstances a competition shirt / jersey is okay...I must admit that I’m looking at one for a few reasons. 

1- they actually fit snug and tuck in. My under armor shirts always pop out.

2- it’s helpful to have your name on your shirt for squadding and getting to know other guys 

3-for a sport that we spend so much time on (most dryfire and or reload hours a week), why not have an actual uniform.

4- pure fun of it. I’ve seen skulls, knights and even a unicorn with a rainbow coming out of the rear (RHT...)

A) sponsored or proven level III kind of shooter

B ) paper GM 

C) paper M

D) paper A

E) whatever floats your boat

F)  never, they are goofy 

Edited by Covfefe

E)

I like where this is going and what I was after. After the above suggestions, I shot yesterdays match with a long sleeve thermal undershirt and a golf shirt both in tall size. Worked great but the golf shirt was kind of boring (safe for work). Something cool like skulls or sharks would be more fun. I agree, when there is a name on the back, it’s easier to remember who’s who.

Last summer, we had a guy we didn’t recognize in a team shirt. First stage and we were prepared to be amazed by a visiting GM. Nope; turned out to be a regular C Limited shooter. Said that he and a couple friends went in together and got them as sort of a buddy thing since they squad together at their home club. When he travels for work, he takes the shirt as “easy credentials” to visit matches so he doesn’t get the new shooter quiz.

I’m probably giving away a good business idea but I can’t believe someone hasn’t already done it. If someone knows a source, post links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mcfoto said:

E)

Last summer, we had a guy we didn’t recognize in a team shirt. First stage and we were prepared to be amazed by a visiting GM. Nope; turned out to be a regular C Limited shooter. Said that he and a couple friends went in together and got them as sort of a buddy thing since they squad together at their home club. When he travels for work, he takes the shirt as “easy credentials” to visit matches so he doesn’t get the new shooter quiz...

Now that’s a pragmatic approach! I like it.