Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X5

mitchiepinoy

I have fitted a Vortex Viper that I had extra, to my P320 X5. I saw from a previous post where someone had done this and I tried it. It took about 15 mins filing on the rear corner and test fitting to get it to fit. I put a 1 degree shim under it just in case but may not need it. Will shoot it today and find out.

viper x5.1.jpg

I have fitted a Vortex Viper that I had extra, to my P320 X5. I saw from a previous post where someone had done this and I tried it. It took about 15 mins filing on the rear corner and test fitting to get it to fit. I put a 1 degree shim under it just in case but may not need it. Will shoot it today and find out.
5a65fad16b3ac_viperx5.1.thumb.jpg.894c0615bb771b1b9e4e54f4c24ed251.jpg

Nice!! Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first rounds thru my X5 have proved non-eventful. No problems feeding or ejecting my 130pf loads after cutting 7 coils off the recoil spring. The Vortex Viper ran great and stayed tight and did not lose zero. The trigger sucks, but I am used to shooting a Tanfo LimPro with a 2#SA/5#DA trigger. That is fixable and I think it will make a great backup gun. The weight balance difference is not very noticeable. I'm happy I bought it,,,

Edited by texasdawg
added difference

My first rounds thru my X5 have proved non-eventful. No problems feeding or ejecting my 130pf loads after cutting 7 coils off the recoil spring. The Vortex Viper ran great and stayed tight and did not lose zero. The trigger sucks, but I am used to shooting a Tanfo LimPro with a 2#SA/5#DA trigger. That is fixable and I think it will make a great backup gun. The weight balance difference is not very noticeable. I'm happy I bought it,,,

Never had a chance to disassemble it, can u take out the stock spring from guide rod?

I have read where someone threaded the stock spring off and wound another back on. I cut the "wings" off the end of mine and I am in the process of making another heavier one along with the purchase of different recoil springs.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:31 PM, mitchiepinoy said:

Sig p320/x5 can fit only ROMEO red dot?

A DPP fits if you remove .05" from the front of the optic cut. You can do this with a file or I sent mine to L&M, he charged $35. You need 6-48 screws with a thread length of 15mm toequed to 25 in lbs (for the DPP). Dawson's .40" tall by .125" wide front co-witnesses with the DPP attached rear if that's something you want to do.

Forgot to add, the adapter plate adds .155" in height, so you'd need a .555" tall front :o

Edited by SCSU74

19 hours ago, Rolex said:

why not just buy a new GR- and then change out the 1911 style springs as need be-

This is what I did. I went with a 13lb spring. It is spitting out my reloads fine. The stock recoil would not feed more than one reload without a stovepipe.

I turned a guide rod out of S.S. to fit 1911 recoil springs and ordered 11#, 12#, 13#, and 14# springs to tune the recoil with. I shoot 147gr xtremes at 905fps for my IDPA and USPSA loads out of my Tanfos. Will have to chrono these loads out of the X5,,,

A DPP fits if you remove .05" from the front of the optic cut. You can do this with a file or I sent mine to L&M, he charged $35. You need 6-48 screws with a thread length of 15mm toequed to 25 in lbs (for the DPP). Dawson's .40" tall by .125" wide front co-witnesses with the DPP attached rear if that's something you want to do.

Forgot to add, the adapter plate adds .155" in height, so you'd need a .555" tall front [emoji33]

Who is L&H?

19 hours ago, mitchiepinoy said:

I ordered DPP and SPRINGER plate emoji23.png too much if i send out my slide/mill/mail it back yada yada...

I was surprised how reasonable Mark's price was. All in with shipping I'm at $55, including shipping to him. Having a lower mount with shorter front sight is worth it to me

I was surprised how reasonable Mark's price was. All in with shipping I'm at $55, including shipping to him. Having a lower mount with shorter front sight is worth it to me

Not closing my door for this set up though... i have feeling i will still need to send to mark but i want to try it first without milling...

1 minute ago, mitchiepinoy said:

Not closing my door for this set up though... i have feeling i will still need to send to mark but i want to try it first without milling...

Another option would be to file the material yourself. Make slow passes with a file until it fits. I'd check often and go slow. You only need to remove .05"