Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hudson H9

5 minutes ago, Magsz said:

The real question that i have is...

What division is this thing going to be applicable for?

Its a single action gun so Production is out...right?

It’s striker fired

Yes, its also deemed single action...at least from what ive seen in videos.

Production prohibits single action firearms, not necessarily single action hammer fired guns...Just single action.

1 minute ago, Magsz said:

Yes, its also deemed single action...at least from what ive seen in videos.

Production prohibits single action firearms, not necessarily single action hammer fired guns...Just single action.

I think other striker fired guns that operate the same way are production legal.  The canik models advertise as being single action. Tp9sa for example and are on the list.

One of the issues with the Production/CO ruleset is that they attempt to use the same set of rules for what are essentially different types of guns. 

If they are going to be updating the rules for both divisions then they may want to consider having various subsections for the different types along with the permitted modifications

• Hammer fired guns
  • Striker fired guns
  • Polymer frame
  • Metal frame

as noted above some of the striker -fired guns list themselves as single action but in reality are just striker-fired mechanism and such is the case with the Hudson H9......right now it is NOT on the USPSA Production list (could be as it is just newly released and will be given time) although it IS on the IPSC Production list

I spoke with someone involved with the gun earlier this week and the production approval papers were being submitted. I don't see why it wouldn't be production legal.

It's already IPSC production legal and they're more hardcore about what goes on the list.

Edited by NickBlasta

Ive heard in an Interview with the Owner(Cy Hudson) its close to be in the production Division Uspsa,its in the procesa already,it fits the guidelines like ,striker fired,alsoit surpassed the 2,000 units in production sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played with one at the SHOT Show.  Felt very nice - with the recoil system in front of the trigger guard, it sits low in the hand.  Don't know what the street price will be but the MSRP is in the $1100+ range.

• 2 weeks later...