Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Concern about new STI DVC

Angus46

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my STI DVC a week ago...probably put about 500-600 rounds through mine so far and haven't noticed anything unusual on mine.  like the rest of the people said here, send it back to them...if you spend that kind of money you deserve your money's worth and for them to make it right.  

2 hours ago, Fowlmouths said:

Here is some more of STI tight tolerance!  Brand new Apeiro never shot!

20180107_171403.jpg

what's going on there in sti? too many orders and they don't have time to make perfect fit for custom guns?

to have good reputation take many years and spoil it enough few pic. like this. 

52 minutes ago, Garmil said:

This is why I shake my head every time I read on these forums and people refer to an sti as a “custom” gun.

sorry but place that i live  handgun price  is twice than in us. so for us sti dvc that cost 5000 usd is very expensive " custom " gun .

and there is no any gunsmith that can fix any problem on 1911 platform (except  gun factory that will never touch any handgun that not from their production)

are u sure that it's  pic. off real sti gun and not some airsoft toy?:lol:

Edited by yigal

7 hours ago, Garmil said:

This is why I shake my head every time I read on these forums and people refer to an sti as a “custom” gun.

Having once owned a Fusion, I figured out that "custom" can be a cussword. 

13 hours ago, yigal said:

are u sure that it's  pic. off real sti gun and not some airsoft toy?:lol:

The picture of the Apeiro is a real STI!  

This was one of the last ones with a Schuemann barrel.   It took them 8 months to finally replace the pistol.  When they did it came with the new "no name" standard barrel.

This was the reason I have INFINITY pistols now!

41 minutes ago, Angus46 said:

Looks like they were thinking a bit backward in that day.  No idea how a gun can get out of a factory with the front sight on wrong.

another positive thinking  way about stuff like this: 

it was 1 of april  ? ;)

My good friend has STI DVC Limited and Opens guns a plenty. I think he has 4 or 5 Limited DVCs and 3 open guns. If anything goes wrong with them at all, he sends them right back to STI. And STI has been great resolving his issues. One of his Limited guns was straight up replaced without question because it did not meet STI quality standard. I suspect that is what will happen with your gun. In most cases, it is easier for them to send you a new one, then to fit a new slide and barrel to your current one.

2 hours ago, BlueBulletBeaker said:

My good friend has STI DVC Limited and Opens guns a plenty. I think he has 4 or 5 Limited DVCs and 3 open guns. If anything goes wrong with them at all, he sends them right back to STI. And STI has been great resolving his issues. One of his Limited guns was straight up replaced without question because it did not meet STI quality standard. I suspect that is what will happen with your gun. In most cases, it is easier for them to send you a new one, then to fit a new slide and barrel to your current one.

from pictures in this post. how they send guns to customers with "problems" like this, if they have so high standards?

sti have good reputation ,but  how they  send gun like" apeiro" in pic..  to customer.? i think that to make good work ones is much cheaper to company than make it few times?;)

20180107_171403.jpg

Edited by yigal

2 hours ago, BlueBulletBeaker said:

One of his Limited guns was straight up replaced without question because it did not meet STI quality standard.

The fact that they shipped a gun like that suggests to me that they don't have any standards.  If they did, it would have been caught before it went out the door.

When I had a Dawson CRP Eagle, the rear sight was loose from the factory.  They paid for a shipping label, and I had it returned 7 days later with a new sight.  So I did have a good experience with their customer service, but it is also another example of it not being right the first time. 

Let us know when you get it back, I would bet you'll have a good experience.

Side note: not the first time I've heard of front sights being put on backwards! haha

18 hours ago, bluedevil008 said:

When I had a Dawson CRP Eagle, the rear sight was loose from the factory.  They paid for a shipping label, and I had it returned 7 days later with a new sight.  So I did have a good experience with their customer service, but it is also another example of it not being right the first time. 

Let us know when you get it back, I would bet you'll have a good experience.

Side note: not the first time I've heard of front sights being put on backwards! haha

maybe they enjoy to do same work few times?;)

or maybe few people will like this new creative concept.:P