Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Carry Optics division

zombywoof

How about that!

I just bought a new to me C/O gun for uspsa that will fit the IDPAAAAA current rules until they change again!!! LOL

I might be able to shoot next months match with it, before they change the rules again

53 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

John, it says 45 ounces. 

I don't see bull barrels listed as excluded. 

8.1.8 Non-IDPA-Legal Features and Modifications for All Divisions The following features and modifications are not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically allowed in the rulebook.

A. Compensators of any type including hybrid or ported barrels.

B. Add-on weights. This includes (but is not limited to) weighted magazines, tungsten guide rods, brass magazine wells, weighted grips, and weighted grip plugs.

C. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing except as allowed in ESP, CCP, BUG and CDP divisions with length restrictions.

D. Sights of non-standard conf

8.1.8 Non-IDPA-Legal Features and Modifications for All Divisions The following features and modifications are not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically allowed in the rulebook.
A. Compensators of any type including hybrid or ported barrels.
B. Add-on weights. This includes (but is not limited to) weighted magazines, tungsten guide rods, brass magazine wells, weighted grips, and weighted grip plugs.
C. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing except as allowed in ESP, CCP, BUG and CDP divisions with length restrictions.
D. Sights of non-standard conf
I sold both of my Stock II's last year b/c I couldn't shoot them in IDPA. I shoot Lim Pro's (large frame) and they have changed to small frame (not happy about that). Now it looks like cone barrels could be allowed for this provisional division. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, srrch said:

I sold both of my Stock II's last year b/c I couldn't shoot them in IDPA. I shoot Lim Pro's (large frame) and they have changed to small frame (not happy about that). Now it looks like cone barrels could be allowed for this provisional division. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cone barrels aren't allowed in ANY division in IDPA except for those divisions specifically called out in 8.1.8.C and those divisions also have a length restriction too. (Under 4.25")

12 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Not exactly.

You can shoot a short bull barrel gun in most of the pistol divisions, if it's under 4.25".

esp and cdp allow heavy or cone style barrels of 4.25 or less, and ccp must comply with all esp provisions, so allowed there also.