Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke my house gun

Makicjf

Howdy,

I've got a 6 inch GP 100, re sprung, smoothed out and night sighted that lives next to the bed. It has fewer than 500 rounds through it, but has never been a  problem.  I was going to run a few cylinders through it last night;  I opened the cylinder, pushed the comp II, and the cylinder would not close.  The extractor star will not retract into the recess.  It stops short by half the star thickeness.  The rod seems to run full stroke and I scrubbed the star, under the star and the cylinder face and can't see any debris.  I can't see how I bent the rod, and the star appears to be true and not bent.  Any ideas what this might be?  I'd rather not send it to the mother ship, but will if I need be.

Jason

Well that sucks.

There are plenty of videos on U tube showing the disassembly of the GP 100 + cylinder , and I would go that route before sending it in for work.

With a couple of punches, you can disassemble the cylinder and see if there's something stuck in the extractor rod assy, as that's where I'm assuming the issue is, being you've checked the other accessible areas of the cylinder and found nothing. Good Luck

SJC