Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Triggers...

I know this has been a common topic of discussion with more than a couple variables but would like to know what is out there for a light trigger with a good reset.   My colt pattern build is using a JP Bolt and the Strike Industries Switch safety.   Currently, I've got a POF 3.5 lb (runs at 3.75 lb) flat trigger in it due to having it on the bench at the time.  While it runs great, the trigger is too heavy.   What say you for options??   Need to find something a significantly lighter.  I want to  get this thing sorted and get some trigger time before hitting some local matches. Thanks in advance for your time. 

Most of us, as you've seen in other threads, use one of the Hiperfire 24 series with the 24C probably more than any.

These triggers are adjustable (spring change) from 3 and 1/2 pounds down to 2 and 1/2, and are very reliable. Prices are fairly reasonable and they can be found on sale from time to time.

As time goes by I'm sure that many more trigger makers will come on board the PCC Express with light, reliable triggers, as has Hiperfire, but for now they (Hiperfire) seem to dominate.

Edited by MikieM
1 hour ago, MikieM said:

Most of us, as you've seen in other threads, use one of the Hiperfire 24 series with the 24C probably more than any.

These triggers are adjustable (spring change) from 3 and 1/2 pounds down to 2 and 1/2, and are very reliable. Prices are fairly reasonable and they can be found on sale from time to time.

As time goes by I'm sure that many more trigger makers will come on board the PCC Express with light, reliable triggers, as has Hiperfire, but for now they (Hiperfire) seem to dominate.

What he said.

43 minutes ago, LtdShooter said:

Thought about that one but the Strike Industries safety is not supposed to be compatible with Hiperfire triggers.   So what is the story there?  

Go to the Hiperfire website. They have a list of safeties that are not compatible with the 24 series trigger, or give them a call. They'll be glad to help you out.

I'm using an SI ambi (60 degree) with one of my guns, come to think on it.

17 minutes ago, MikieM said:

I'm using an SI ambi (60 degree) with one of my guns, come to think on it.

The SI website doesn't specify, and I've never used one of these.  Does it go from the standard horizontal SAFE position to 60 deg down, or from 30 deg down to the standard vertical FIRE position?

ETA: Nevermind, I found a YouTube video that explained it.

Edited by JAFO

This will eliminate one of the biggest obstacles I hear from people choosing a trigger ... they are afraid that they will not get the JP trigger adjusted properly and have problems, since they have to do all of the adjustments themselves.  This lets JP set everything up and you just drop it in and go.

I'm pretty happy with my old school JP Fire Control kit with speed hammer, it has worked 100%..The NEW PCC drop in looks good, hopefully its a better feel than the "EZ". The EZ feels inferior to my old school kit, which they still offer and has always been easy for me to setup.