Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 - What parts for an open 10mm top end?

Rudukai13

Title pretty much says it. Wanting to know what parts I would need to get to have a gunsmith put together an Open division top end in 10mm for a Stock 3.

Not looking for ultimate flatness, just to tame the 10mm - If I can get it feeling like shooting a 9mm, I'd be happy. Would prefer minimal or no modifications to the slide/frame to keep gunsmith costs down.

Help?

You are asking a lot. If recoil like a 9mm is a goal shoot 9mm. 

It should be much easier to get a .40 S&W down to 9mm minor level. 

10mm could be downloaded to these levels. But there does not seem to be interest in a 10mm minor load. 

I run 180 gr at 1200 ft/sec. Does not feel like a 9mm. These are the target rounds.

Perhaps I shouldn't have included that statement - I more meant I'm not trying to chase the "most flattest shooting open gun ever" with wanting a compensator. I know even the best of comps won't literally make 10mm feel like a 9mm

That's what I'm looking for mostly, reducing muzzle flip. I can handle the recoil coming back into my hands.

I had the thought last night - If I'm wanting to do effectively a 10mm open gun, would it be easier/cheaper to just get a 40SW Gold Team and have the barrel re-chambered for 10mm? The GT 40SW barrel can handle 10mm pressures right?

5 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

That's what I'm looking for mostly, reducing muzzle flip. I can handle the recoil coming back into my hands.

I had the thought last night - If I'm wanting to do effectively a 10mm open gun, would it be easier/cheaper to just get a 40SW Gold Team and have the barrel re-chambered for 10mm? The GT 40SW barrel can handle 10mm pressures right?

The outside dimensions are the same, so it should be fine.  actually, just selling the S3 and getting the Gold Team is probably your most cost effective solution.