Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS Turret with Redding comp dies

Hi everyone, if this was already covered, please let me know. I didn’t have any luck searching. 

A friend has run into a small problem. We have been loading at my place for some years and he is trying to get set up at his place now. Have always used Redding T-7 with Redding comp dies with the spring loaded sleeve at my place. 

He bought a RCBS Turret Press put his Redding Comp dies in the Turret, got them set up but now he can’t turn the Turret. The sleeve from the die hits in the back of the press. Don’t really want to turn the dies out any. Only option we have come up with is milling the back of the press some. Looks like we would have to remove 0.125-0.188 of material to have enough clearance. 

Has as anyone else run into this or know of any other possible fixes we could try?

Thank you in advanced 

43AFF130-B001-481C-94EE-7AD97089650C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Follow up....ended up dremeling the opening out more so the dies pass through without any contact. Thanks to Lee at UniqueTek, through him looking at all the turret presses at the 2018 shot show, he noticed RCBS had the least amount of clearence of all the turret presses that are currently out, including the new Lyman turret press. Making the opening deep enough to allow the dies to clear the press, we have not had any issues with multiple rifle calibers in the Redding Comp dies with the spring loaded sleeve that sticks below th die body. 

Thank you and hope this info helps someone else that runs into the same delema. 

Edited by Gerimee