Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Acme 135g bullets?

vnboileau

I just looked on their website and it looks like their 135gr bullets are sporting a round nose profile, which depending on what you're shooting them through, could mean you'll have to load them fairly short. CZs and Tanfos have notoriously short chambers and work best with short loaded ammo. Especially if the bullet used is a round nose. If you're looking at 135gr bullets you could look at brands that offer a truncated cone profile, which could allow you to load longer even if your pistol has a short chamber.

As @BillGarlandJr said, and I said before him, it depends on the gun.

A 3rd gen glock or a 9mm 1911 will take these so long they don’t fit into the magazines. 1.150-1.160+

A CZ will need them shoved down to 1.080 or thereabouts.

And a truncated cone (TC) profile is the most short-chamber friendly profile if length is a big concern.

12 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Acme discount code "54730" will save you 10%.  our youth shooting team benefits based on your savings, so save a lot.

I

Cool deal. I'll use this if I ever buy from them. 

I have loaded about 1,000 of these.  Just bought 5,000 more. For reference I have loaded them for 4 different Sig 320 pistols (2 X5s, a compact and a full size). All 4 of these barrels would take this bullet at 1.150. For comparison, I had to go down to approx. 1.125 for the Acme 124 RN to pass in these barrels. I worked up to 3.5 of Prima V. I had some of the better groups with this bullet compared to others (average group size was about 2 1/2 -3 1/2 inches at 20 yards with those 4 guns, if I remember without looking it up). My go to load currently is 125/125 TC BBI with 3.9 of Prima V at 1.135. Obviously, YMMV...

I use them in my glock 34.  My only complaint is it seems that the coating get knicked up in my bullet feeder die compaired to other coated bullets.  I just finished loading 5000.  They shoot real good.  One more thing, out of all the bullets that I weighed, non came in at 135gr.  All were 133gr and 134gr.  However they were all consistanly under which is not a big deal as long as you adjust to make PF.