Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Produnction: Can You Start Cocked & Locked?

Lobonca

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

you're a real bright one, aren't ya?

Welcome to USPSA, Obi Wan  :bow:

MemphisMechanic was only kidding, of course.  Looks like you tried to slide a brag in your post there, but it wasn't in context.  It seems you shot in Revolver, but you weren't lactually bumped to Open, so what's the point?  You did okay, finished 5th in a small match with 3 stages and 15 entries.  So you were above a B Open shooter, but he apparently had problems on one stage.  Happens to all of us.  Keep practicing, and maybe you'll meet your goal of making GM by the end of 2018. 

2 hours ago, teros135 said:

Welcome to USPSA, Obi Wan  :bow:

MemphisMechanic was only kidding, of course.  Looks like you tried to slide a brag in your post there, but it wasn't in context.  It seems you shot in Revolver, but you weren't lactually bumped to Open, so what's the point?  You did okay, finished 5th in a small match with 3 stages and 15 entries.  So you were above a B Open shooter, but he apparently had problems on one stage.  Happens to all of us.  Keep practicing, and maybe you'll meet your goal of making GM by the end of 2018. 

:D we'll see.

But again, just because you're shooting open with the wrong gun doesn't mean you can't be good at it. I know a guy that shoots a CO gun in open because he wants to appendix carry. VSchneider used to shoot open with a taurus 8 shot revolver.

I'm not trying to brag, I'm saying it's the indian not the arrow. I shot 75% of an A class GM. I feel pretty good, but the goal is to beat him, and that hasn't happened yet.

Edited by swordfish

59 minutes ago, swordfish said:

I'm not trying to brag, I'm saying it's the indian not the arrow. I shot 75% of an A class GM. I feel pretty good, but the goal is to beat him, and that hasn't happened yet.

48 minutes ago, JAFO said:

:blink:

Newbie disorder, I'm afraid.

He's referencing this: 

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/257240-chriss-world-shoot-blog/?tab=comments#comment-2868024

Frankly, the really good shooters in USPSA are actually pretty modest about their accomplishments.  The GM in question got his card legitimately, has been in the Top 20 a number of times, and has paid his dues.  Seems like a decent guy, too.  He deserves to be treated better, whatever level he's shooting these days. 

BTW, this GM was in the top 8% of 230 at Iron Sights Nats last year and grouped with the other GMs.  If he still shoots at that level (say, 80% of #1), a 74% performance in the recent local match against him was actually about 59%.  Not bad, but lots of work to do.

18 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

I thought this thread was about starting cocked and locked in Production...not about bragging rights. Let's get back on target...even though the bullseye has benn shot.

Been

44 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Newbie disorder, I'm afraid.

He's referencing this: 

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/257240-chriss-world-shoot-blog/?tab=comments#comment-2868024

Frankly, the really good shooters in USPSA are actually pretty modest about their accomplishments.  The GM in question got his card legitimately, has been in the Top 20 a number of times, and has paid his dues.  Seems like a decent guy, too.  He deserves to be treated better, whatever level he's shooting these days. 

BTW, this GM was in the top 8% of 230 at Iron Sights Nats last year and grouped with the other GMs.  If he still shoots at that level (say, 80% of #1), a 74% performance in the recent local match against him was actually about 59%.  Not bad, but lots of work to do.

My bad. Again, I was only piggybacking off of MemphisMechanic.

And yeah, Rus was super cool and helpful the whole time. I'm not trying to say he's a bad shooter, just watch the dude move. I'm just referencing his 80% is all.

How do you illegitimately get a GM card? (I'm in the market)

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

How do you illegitimately get a GM card? (I'm in the market)

By setting up a handful of classifiers that you shoot really well and just keep shooting them until you reach the scores you want. Then get a CRO with no moral compass who also does stats to incorporate those classifiers into a match and you will be a paper GM.