Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Time in Limited - Any Low Hanging Fruit?

TrackCage

I'm a B class Production guy one good classifier from making A class. I decided to shoot Limited for a match or two primarily to evaluate my movement when not reloading every time I move my feet. Any tips for where I should focus my training and energy? Don't be gentle, I need a kick in the a$$.

Some quick thoughts:

1. I'm normally much more consistent with plate racks. I know this killed me in the match yesterday.

2. No magwell, Production mag placement and belt setup. This was purely an exercise in how I look sans reloads. 

3. First match shooting with both eyes open. I hadn't been comfortable doing this in a match until now.

4. Shooting while basically falling out of the shooting area saves no time, and makes you look dumb. Especially when it costs you a Mike.

5. Seriously, thats the best you can do on a plate rack? Get lost.

Thank you for your thoughts.

17 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

Get into position smoothly and have  your gun up and ready.

Thank of this: It's not how fast you move, is how soon you get moving and how quick you get shooting 

Thanks for the reply and fair point. When I enter a new shooting position, I tend to wait for the perfect sight picture. Definitely some time to be made up there.

.25 splits on plate racks add up to a clean run at 1.5 seconds.

Trying to be johnnybadass and burn it down with .15s leads to five mikes, extra transitions, waiting to see if plates fell, and roughly double that amount of time.

Add .6 to your plate rack (an extra .1 per plate) with harder front sight pictures once the gun settles down, seeing white all the way around the front post, and happy times lie ahead.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4. Shooting while basically falling out of the shooting area saves no time, and makes you look dumb. Especially when it costs you a Mike.

Your feet were still moving, and you weren’t low and squatted like a guy shooting on the move. Bouncing sights = shooting mikes.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

.25 splits on plate racks add up to a clean run at 1.5 seconds.

Trying to be johnnybadass and burn it down with .15s leads to five mikes, extra transitions, waiting to see if plates fell, and roughly double that amount of time.

Add .6 to your plate rack (an extra .1 per plate) with harder front sight pictures once the gun settles down, seeing white all the way around the front post, and happy times lie ahead.

Yea, I almost didn't post this video because of how bad I shot the plate racks. Not because I'm trying to impress anyone, I just didn't think it was an accurate representation of my plate rack performance in general. No doubt your spot on - make up shots cost more time than just taking a good shot the first time.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Your feet were still moving, and you weren’t low and squatted like a guy shooting on the move. Bouncing sights = shooting mikes.

Truth. I'm used to bending around walls to the right (like string 1) a lot more than I am to the left. This definitely showed...

Edit: not that this shot required bending around the corner,  more just stating my "comfort zone."

Edited by TrackCage