Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG P320 striker force?

leam

All the cool kids use Federal primers for their competition loads. Federals seem to use softer metal and easier to ignite. Sadly, finding them is almost impossible. What's the level of force behind the P320 striker? Can it reliably ignite heavier primers? Does trigger action work like Bruce Gray's affect this?

The P320s set everything off. Including small rifle primers. The Grayguns trigger work does nothing to affect ignition values. I’ve shot tens of thousands of rounds loaded with Winchester and CCI small pistol primers through Grayguns enhanced P320s and haven’t had any problems. Out of curiousity I’ve loaded some rounds with small rifle primers, S&B, and some others I can’t remember right now, but at any rate my P320s have had no issues with them.

Federal primers are my go-to, but if I dont have any on hand, I like to go with Winchesters. My buddy's P320 hasn't had any problems with winchester primer-loaded rounds that I've made for him. I can normally find winchester anywhere.

I had a friend's 320, that had Gray Guns trigger, and I did the pencil test, and launched it to the ceiling. None of the other striker-fired pistols I tried would do that. I believe a 320 will set off any primer you put in it.