Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Hires Doug Koenig

Tokarev

Something I came across this morning while peeking at the various blogs.

Not to say I'm terribly shocked since many other companies use competitive shooter as a PR tool. And Ruger seems to have slowly been moving in this direction with the Match Champion and Target 1911 stuff.

I wonder what this means for the cataloged 1911 line. A hicap STI-style? What about a Redhawk in 9mm aka Smith and Wesson 929?

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2018/01/doug-koenig-leaves-smith-wesson-to-be-team-ruger-captain/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Unless Koenig returns to USPSA probably nothing on a double stack as he seems to be Bianchi prone over most all else.

Of course Carry Optics might be a draw to him?
He shot and won Area 8 in USPSA last August

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, phoenixsomd said:

He shot and won Area 8 in USPSA last August

I think Doug is great and everything, an Area match win where the highest class in your division is A is probably not an accomplishment he would hang his hat on. His Bianchi work is clearly more impressive...at least to me.

I think Doug is great and everything, an Area match win where the highest class in your division is A is probably not an accomplishment he would hang his hat on. His Bianchi work is clearly more impressive...at least to me.
Agree however, having him winning with a Ruger would be a bigger deal to them

Doug is a great shooter and Ruger is lucky to have him. He is also arguably the best bianchi shooter ever, he is also a uspsa champion. He is legit AF. 
It is certainly a paradigm shift for Ruger. I hope they take whatever Doug can tell them to heart.

The American is a prime example. Accurate and reliable but ergonomically a bit off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

More than likely a good business move on both their parts. Lends Ruger a bit of credibility, and there's probably a check with a few extra zeros on it for Koenig. Not only is it instant exposure for Ruger in an area they've hot had much, but it will give them a chance to test the market waters on some "higher" standard guns. S&W has had good success with their "Performance Center" moniker (even if it isn't what it was in the past). I have no doubt there will be a Ruger "specialty" shop opening up, under the tutelage of Koenig of course. 

Or S&W just torqued him off and he walked. Either way. 

4 hours ago, Jake Di Vita said:

$$$ for Doug... Well, that is if you shoot the Bianchi cup.