Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need magazine pad extension for stock Glock 34 10rd magazine

wanttolearn

Hi, i'm looking for a magazine base pad extension that will fit a Gen 3 Glock 34 stock 10 round magazine. In stock form the stock 10 round magazines do not extend far enough below the ALG Defense Glock Flared Magwell by Geissele making insertion of the magazine a bit challenging.

I noticed several of the commercially available magazine extensions state that they will not work with the standard  10 round Glock magazines. 

Also amenable to gluing something on...not sure what to use.

thank you

Edited by wanttolearn

• 4 months later...

try the maglock  +0. they're  brass  and  they protrude  just enough  out  the  dawson heavy  magwell  for  a  positive insertion.

i  guess  glockstore  has  them (bought mine  from  lenny's  store  for   my  34 and 17 ).otherwise  there's  the taylor  freelance  bling  heavy  brass  basepads.  those  are the ones  i'm  using for  my  limited  40 S&W's  (35  and  22)  .  very  nice  basepads  which    add  weight   where it's  needed.

Here's another to consider. I've used these for over a year. They fit best if you slice off the little ears at the bottom edges of the magazine's sides. That doesn't compromise function at all, since there is still the round protrusion that snaps into place locking the baseplates on. In fact, I'm not sure why Glock has those little ears there in the first place. It seems redundant, like a belt and suspenders.

https://www.jwhcustom.com/product/jwh-custom-heavy-extended-aluminum-magazine-base-plate-9mm-40-cal-357-1-pc/

DSC00605.jpg

Edited by Paul49
Illustration

7 hours ago, Paul49 said:

Here's another to consider. I've used these for over a year. They fit best if you slice off the little ears at the bottom edges of the magazine's sides. That doesn't compromise function at all, since there is still the round protrusion that snaps into place locking the baseplates on. In fact, I'm not sure why Glock has those little ears there in the first place. It seems redundant, like a belt and suspenders.

https://www.jwhcustom.com/product/jwh-custom-heavy-extended-aluminum-magazine-base-plate-9mm-40-cal-357-1-pc/

we  all  cut  those   tabs  on the mags for faster   cleaning  purpose  ,but think  military or  police  ,in such case  you  don't  want  to  have  a  mag  with a  lost  basepad  and  gutted  in the middle  of  a    battlefield.  well  tought  attention   in my  opinion.

as for  the pads, well  ,since  we're  talked  ''glocks''',  heavier  is better  for  me.

Edited by sigsauerfan

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2018 at 2:36 AM, Paul49 said:

DSC00605.jpg

Do you have the size (length from top to bottom) of these handy?  Can't get ahold of anyone at JWH to confirm size.

7 minutes ago, cjmill87 said:

Do you have the size (length from top to bottom) of these handy?  Can't get ahold of anyone at JWH to confirm size.

Using a ruler NOT a caliper, they are about 38 mm long, 28 mm wide and 17 to 18 mm deep or tall.