Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Limited 40 Recoil Spring question

pokerguy005

New to the forum.  Just picked up a STI DVC Limited in 40 to shoot USPSA.  Shot predominantly production that last couple years but made the jump to Limited.  Zero'd the gun and chrono'd to make 170 PF.  The gun came stock with a 14 lb. recoil spring.  Can i go with a lighter recoil spring and still have reliability? Any suggestions on what weight recoil spring? I amend to the 2011 platform so unsure of hat i can and cannot do....also anybody use shot-buffs in their guns?  Thanks for the help.

When you get into really Reston the gun, you should try multiple firing pin stop radius, with multiple different main spring weights in conjunction with the different recoil springs.

between the three you can make the gun almost run anyway you want. The hardest part is figuring out what’s the best combo

I run a 12# in mine.   Just remember it needs to be replaced after about 8k rounds or twice a year.   While you are at it replace the mag springs once a year.  

Consider shooting Precision 185gr bullets over 4.3gr of WST, or a good N320 load.   They seem to be a lot softer shooting than jacketed bullets.  Bayou and LipStick bullets work good as well. 

31 minutes ago, CocoBolo said:

I run a 12# in mine.   Just remember it needs to be replaced after about 8k rounds or twice a year.   While you are at it replace the mag springs once a year.  

Consider shooting Precision 185gr bullets over 4.3gr of WST, or a good N320 load.   They seem to be a lot softer shooting than jacketed bullets.  Bayou and LipStick bullets work good as well. 

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DVC502 said:

I run a 12lb Infinity spring with a Wilson Shock buff in mine 

548861C7-BBD9-4267-B494-3782ABF5DFC7.jpeg

i just got the nitro fin thumb rest and i really like it...i am now running the wolff 12 pound variable recoil spring in mine and it is working great...what kind of mag release is that?

I fr0g0t who made that extended release I am running a Dawson Lo Pro button now like it much better and I ditched the thumb rest just recently Wilson Combat makes an extended mag release that is very similar that Inuse on 2 of my Single stack guns 

3A8FD324-EF02-42E2-9575-276C72C6F573.jpeg