Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EXO ONE braced exoskeleton for P320 FCU

Rudukai13

http://firecontrolunit.com/

I had been wondering how long it was going to take before companies started producing entirely aftermarket systems that work by just dropping in a P320 FCU. Looks like this company will be at SHOT Show this year.

Whether you are impressed with this particular product or not, I am personally excited to see how this concept takes off. With the military adopting the P320 as their standard-issue sidearm, I predict that within the span of a few years the number and array of options for ways to build a gun around the P320 FCU will be - in a word - staggering.

What products would you like to see manufactured for the P320 FCU? And don't be afraid to dream big!

• 3 weeks later...

https://sofrep.com/98739/exo-one-landed-shot-show-stolen-hearts-broken/

Coverage of the EXO ONE from SHOT Show. Here's the part of the article that gets me excited;

"This is the first of many designs from firecontrolunit.com..."

EXO ONE vailable for pre-order now with $50 discount;

https://firecontrolunit.com/

Edited by Rudukai13

Hopefully they do better next time. In my opinion it's a big fail that it requires using the slide rather than just the fire control unit.  Ghost guns is making 80% p320 fire control units which I think will be big for projects like this.  

See my original post for my thoughts not specifically pertaining to this exact product but to a series of products with the same concept. I think (hope) this company is the first in what will be a long line of companies selling complete systems that just require you to drop your P320 FCU into and go.

For example, how about a chassis system that drops the P320 FCU into a 5.56 rifle? Or even a 12 gauge shotgun? You could literally have an entire stable of firearms but only have one truly serialized "gun". The possibilities are only limited by industry imagination...

If this company is successful with this product, it should get the attention of others in the industry who will (again, hopefully) realize there is a market demand for other products of the same type - Which should quickly expand the variety of kits and components available to the platform

I was also excited to see this.... until I saw the price, sadly I do not think this product will be that successful with a price of $449-$549.  I would have liked to see an integrated extended barrel or something for that price. I love the idea and I would be all over it if it was in the $250-ish range.