Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sellier & Bellot Small Pistol Primers

Herb

Have used thousands without any problems. BUT have noted new packaging (Black and Gold boxes) that end flaps are labeled " Small Pistol", and others labeled "Small Rifle", However the face of the box Says "Small Pistol" (or "Small Rifle" depending on which box you have), and in the black part of the face on both boxes says "for rifle, pistol, or revolver cartridges". Anyone know if there is any performance differences between the two??

The part that says "for rifle, pistol, or revolver cartridges" is identifying the box, the "small pistol" and "small rifle" defines which primers the box contains. (it actually makes more sense in Czech which is where they are made). They are identical to the old boxes, just trying to get out of the 19th century I'd guess.

Ran 10 rounds each (end flap of 1000 primer boxes - one says "rifle" other says "pistol) of S&B primers thru my M&P with light springs (runs on Fed Small Pistol primers).

The S&B "Rifle primers" only ignited one of 10 rounds. The S&B "Pistol primers" ignited all 10 rounds.

Once it gets a few degrees warmer I will test for accuracy out to 25 yds. in the M&P and out to 100 yds. in a 9mm carbine.