Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Houston, TX gunsmith

gregdavidl

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Houston, TX area to do a trigger re-fresh in a 1911?  This is one of my old single stack competition guns and it will not get shot much in the future.  I'd like to find someone who is willing to do some stoning and not try to "sell" me a whole new trigger group.  The grip safety has been ground off and de-activated and I don't want them to freak out over that either.  And no, if I try to do it I'll probably butcher it and I don't want buy the tools/jigs either. 

Jumping in on this thread.  How many of you have had pistols built from LSI?

just curious how their custom work is, not just tuning existing pistols. 

I bought my first and only custom 2011 from Glenn and was blown away with the quality of his work. Slide to frame fit is incredible and his finish work is awesome as well. The gun runs like it robbed a jewelry store and is super accurate. I recall that he was a machinist for many years and it shows in his work.

d96f6469b8d65a697b87f8c08ca4ca52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/12/2018 at 12:37 PM, Descartian said:

He built my 3gun pistol and it's by far my favorite pistol to shoot

On 1/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, Descartian said:

He's done two Open guns for me and both run great.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:49 PM, Todd7446 said:

He's done two Open guns for me and both run great.

I’m looking at one of his open guns as well. Could you tell me more about the ones he built for you? A PM is fine. Thanks!

I’m looking at one of his open guns as well. Could you tell me more about the ones he built for you? A PM is fine. Thanks!

First one had two top ends. 9 Major and 38 SC. Both very tight fitting and barrel locks up properly. Made on Phoenix Trinity components with a Classic grip.

Second one is very similar, but 38 SC only. PT EVO grip, and went to Vortex Venom red dot instead of CMore.

Both guns use Trubor barrels with comp blanks on them. He machines his comp in. No Loc-tite, no set screws, and they aren’t coming loose. Both are great guns, and function extremely well. Glenn’s fit and finish work are top notch. Yes, he can take a little while to build, but very good quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see. This is the gun I was looking at buying:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/737381779

seems like a decent price I just don’t know much about LSI. That gun has v4 popple holes. Do either of yours have that design?

Neither of mine have the poppel holes in a V pattern. I have three hole on top of the barrel. Many others do in the V pattern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk