Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.400 or .401 in xdm

wbkr68

9 minutes ago, wbkr68 said:

Okay. Thank you.   I knew that xdm’s had tight chambers.  I was just wondering if any other xdm owners had trouble with .401 diameter

I post size my ammo and have never had an issue.  the .001 bigger on the bullet probably wont be an issue, but sometimes thick brass like Amerc can be if you don't post size.

25 minutes ago, coolcw1987 said:

How are you post sizing your ammo? and does it undersize the lead bullet?

lee factory crimp. On rounds with thick brass I am sure it does, however I figure loss of accuracy on a occasional round is better than a jam.  I do try to sort out the bad brass though

if the bullets get sized below the bore size you would really know it because it would start to lead bad, other than that could lose some accuracy but maybe not just depends on how much it's resizing the bullet.

Edited by coolcw1987

The only gun that I have noticed and appreciable loss of accuracy on while post sizing was a Ruger GP100 and it was shooting patterns.  I have never had an issue with any of my autoloaders.  And we shoot lead exclusively with no leading even in factory Glock barrels. Good luck

I had issues running .401 moly coated in my blaster (XDM 5.25).  Thought it was related to OAL but turns out the extra .001 was causing issues.  Switched to .400 plated and I'm able to load to whatever OAL I want that'll still run in the gun and mags.